- Table View
- List View
Large picture book for young children who have "two daddies." Young boy lives with mom, while dad, who is gay, now lives with male "roommate." Picture descriptions included. Ages: 2-6
This book is Maya Angelou's classic autobiographical memoir.
Mark Twain's sequel to Adventures of Tom Sawyer. A modern masterpiece of American fiction.
Award winning novel for young adults.The story of Jerry Renault, a New England high school student and his personal battle with Archie Costello.
John Steinbeck tells the story of two friends who longed for a piece of land of their own.
Harry discovers he is a wizard in this first book and attends Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Two high school seniors believe their love to be so strong that it will last forever.
It was Leslie's idea to create Terabithia, their secret kingdom in the woods where Leslie and Jess reigned as King and Queen. There no enemy could defeat them.
The first picture book for young children where a child has two lesbian mommies. Now a classic, although still banned in some places. Includes picture descriptions. For ages 2-6.
Life, Alice McKinley feels, is just one big embarrassment. Here she is, about to be a teenager and she doesn't know how. It's worse for her than for anyone else, she believes, because she has no role model. Her mother has been dead for years.
Historical fiction about how the Revolutionary War tore one family apart, from the point of view of a young boy. A Newbery Honor book.
Holden Caulfield, a native New Yorker, is expelled from his Pennsylvania prep school. He travels back to his family's New York apartment, but spends time underground in the city before returning there. This is a classic coming of age story of an angst-ridden youngster, misunderstood by the adults around him.
When young Rob saves a neighbor's cow, he gets a pig as a reward. Pinky is a pet and a friend, but on a farm, every animal must have its use. Will the support of a loving family be enough to see Rob through on the day no pigs would die?
For ages 10 and up, this book answers the questions kids have about growing up but are afraid to ask.
The Pulitzer Prize winning book by Alice Walker that was made into a movie.
Twelve-year-old Jonas lives in a seemingly ideal world. Not until he is given his life assignment as the Receiver does he begin to understand the dark secrets behind this fragile community.
Two kids move in to a new house which starts to scare them.
The story of how Meg, Charles and Calvin travel through the universe to battle the powers of darkness. The Newbery Award winning classic.
Twelve-year-old Anastasia is horrified at her family's decision to move from their city apartment to a house in the suburbs.
On a jungle battlefront where one misplaced step could be any soldier's last, every move can mean the difference between death and survival. Perry, Lobel, Johnson, Brunner, and Peewee are in Vietnam, all hoping to make it out alive.
Classic dreamlike children's tale of a boy's nighttime cooking adventures.
This novel of awesome beauty and power is a moving saga about people, relationships, and the boundaries of love. Through Jean M.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.