- Table View
- List View
Large picture book for young children who have "two daddies." Young boy lives with mom, while dad, who is gay, now lives with male "roommate." Picture descriptions included. Ages: 2-6
This book is Maya Angelou's classic autobiographical memoir.
Harry discovers he is a wizard in this first book and attends Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
John Steinbeck tells the story of two friends who longed for a piece of land of their own.
Mark Twain's sequel to Adventures of Tom Sawyer. A modern masterpiece of American fiction.
Award winning novel for young adults.The story of Jerry Renault, a New England high school student and his personal battle with Archie Costello.
Two high school seniors believe their love to be so strong that it will last forever.
It was Leslie's idea to create Terabithia, their secret kingdom in the woods where Leslie and Jess reigned as King and Queen. There no enemy could defeat them.
The first picture book for young children where a child has two lesbian mommies. Now a classic, although still banned in some places. Includes picture descriptions. For ages 2-6.
Historical fiction about how the Revolutionary War tore one family apart, from the point of view of a young boy. A Newbery Honor book.
Life, Alice McKinley feels, is just one big embarrassment. Here she is, about to be a teenager and she doesn't know how. It's worse for her than for anyone else, she believes, because she has no role model. Her mother has been dead for years.
Holden Caulfield, a native New Yorker, is expelled from his Pennsylvania prep school. He travels back to his family's New York apartment, but spends time underground in the city before returning there. This is a classic coming of age story of an angst-ridden youngster, misunderstood by the adults around him.
When young Rob saves a neighbor's cow, he gets a pig as a reward. Pinky is a pet and a friend, but on a farm, every animal must have its use. Will the support of a loving family be enough to see Rob through on the day no pigs would die?
For ages 10 and up, this book answers the questions kids have about growing up but are afraid to ask.
The Pulitzer Prize winning book by Alice Walker that was made into a movie.
Twelve-year-old Jonas lives in a seemingly ideal world. Not until he is given his life assignment as the Receiver does he begin to understand the dark secrets behind this fragile community.
Two kids move in to a new house which starts to scare them.
The story of how Meg, Charles and Calvin travel through the universe to battle the powers of darkness.
Twelve-year-old Anastasia is horrified at her family's decision to move from their city apartment to a house in the suburbs.
Blubber is a good name for her, the note from Wendy says about Linda. Jill crumples it up and leaves it on the corner of her desk. She doesn't want to think about Linda or her dumb report on the whale just now. Jill wants to think about Halloween.
On a jungle battlefront where one misplaced step could be any soldier's last, every move can mean the difference between death and survival. Perry, Lobel, Johnson, Brunner, and Peewee are in Vietnam, all hoping to make it out alive.
The first edition offered people with terminal illness a choice on how and when to end their suffering. This revised and updated third edition goes far beyond the original to provide new information about the legality of the personal issues involved.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.