- Table View
- List View
The boy and the girl are stripped and marooned on a small island for the night. They are the "goats." The kids at camp think it is a great joke; it's an old tradition. No harm is intended, but the goats don't see it that way. They want to disappear.
This is a Newbery Honor Book and has won 5 other Children's Literature awards. It's for grades 4 through 6, maybe up to grades 7 or 8 if they have low reading skills, possibly grade 3 if it's an advanced reader.
Revised edition of a classic. More than just a sex guide, it gives advice on coming out, dating, safe sex, and acts as a resource on building self-esteem for gay men.
The Stupid family and their dog Kitty have a fun-filled day doing ridiculous things.
Grandmamma loves to tell about witches. Her grandson listens closely to Grandmamma's stories - but nothing can prepare him for the day he comes face-to-face with The Grand High Witch herself!
The True Story of a Black Youth's Coming of Age in Apartheid South Africa
Blubber is a good name for her, the note from Wendy says about Linda. Jill crumples it up and leaves it on the corner of her desk. She doesn't want to think about Linda or her dumb report on the whale just now. Jill wants to think about Halloween.
Halloween ABCby Merriam, Eve
The plan was only to scare their English teacher. They never actually intended to kill Mr. Griffin. But sometimes plans go wrong.
As The Avenger searches for the teenage boys who trashed a house in his neighborhood, Buddy, one of the trashers, increases his drinking in order to cope with his parents' separation and his obsession with daughter of the vandalized house owner.
The first edition offered people with terminal illness a choice on how and when to end their suffering. This revised and updated third edition goes far beyond the original to provide new information about the legality of the personal issues involved.
While running away from home and an unwanted marriage, a thirteen-year-old Eskimo girl becomes lost on the North Slope of Alaska and is befriended by a wolf pack.
In this multi-award-winning, bestselling novel, Margaret Atwood has created a stunning Orwellian vision of the near future.
This story is about a black girl, Pecola, who wants her eyes to be blue which would make people treat her just like all of the white girls.
What's Happening to my Body? Book for Girls: A Growing-Up Guide for Parents & Daughtersby Madaras, Lynda
Staring unflinchingly into the abyss of slavery, this spellbinding novel transforms history into a story as powerful as Exodus and as intimate as a lullaby.
Three brothers endure problems to stay united after the death of their parents. They find themselves as outsiders in the society where they do not share the values and depend on their friends to co-exist.
Two high-school students befriend a strange old man and through their visits share unexpected love and laughter.
Dudley the Stork's new house is haunted. When clock strikes twelve there are thumps in the den, creaks on the stairs, and bumps everywhere. Just before midnight Dudley's friends gather with madam Kreepy. What will happen when clock strikes twelve?
Two teenage girls fall in love with each other and encounter obstacles.
Superstitions about such topics as love and marriage, money, ailments, travel, the weather, and death.
When Deenie finds out that she has scoliosis, she's scared. When she sees the brace for the first time, she wants to scream.But the words won't come out.
Oscar-winning film Charly starring Cliff Robertson and Claire Bloom-a mentally challenged man receives an operation that turns him into a genius...and introduces him to heartache.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.