- Table View
- List View
Halloween ABCby Merriam, Eve
Classic dreamlike children's tale of a boy's nighttime cooking adventures.
The True Story of a Black Youth's Coming of Age in Apartheid South Africa
The plan was only to scare their English teacher. They never actually intended to kill Mr. Griffin. But sometimes plans go wrong.
This novel of awesome beauty and power is a moving saga about people, relationships, and the boundaries of love. Through Jean M.
The boy and the girl are stripped and marooned on a small island for the night. They are the "goats." The kids at camp think it is a great joke; it's an old tradition. No harm is intended, but the goats don't see it that way. They want to disappear.
This is a Newbery Honor Book and has won 5 other Children's Literature awards. It's for grades 4 through 6, maybe up to grades 7 or 8 if they have low reading skills, possibly grade 3 if it's an advanced reader.
Revised edition of a classic. More than just a sex guide, it gives advice on coming out, dating, safe sex, and acts as a resource on building self-esteem for gay men.
The Stupid family and their dog Kitty have a fun-filled day doing ridiculous things.
Grandmamma loves to tell about witches. Her grandson listens closely to Grandmamma's stories - but nothing can prepare him for the day he comes face-to-face with The Grand High Witch herself!
As The Avenger searches for the teenage boys who trashed a house in his neighborhood, Buddy, one of the trashers, increases his drinking in order to cope with his parents' separation and his obsession with daughter of the vandalized house owner.
While running away from home and an unwanted marriage, a thirteen-year-old Eskimo girl becomes lost on the North Slope of Alaska and is befriended by a wolf pack.
In this multi-award-winning, bestselling novel, Margaret Atwood has created a stunning Orwellian vision of the near future.
This story is about a black girl, Pecola, who wants her eyes to be blue which would make people treat her just like all of the white girls.
What's Happening to my Body? Book for Girls: A Growing-Up Guide for Parents & Daughtersby Madaras, Lynda
Staring unflinchingly into the abyss of slavery, this spellbinding novel transforms history into a story as powerful as Exodus and as intimate as a lullaby.
Dudley the Stork's new house is haunted. When clock strikes twelve there are thumps in the den, creaks on the stairs, and bumps everywhere. Just before midnight Dudley's friends gather with madam Kreepy. What will happen when clock strikes twelve?
Three brothers endure problems to stay united after the death of their parents. They find themselves as outsiders in the society where they do not share the values and depend on their friends to co-exist.
Two high-school students befriend a strange old man and through their visits share unexpected love and laughter.
Two teenage girls fall in love with each other and encounter obstacles.
Asking About Sex and Growing Upby Cole, Joanna
Huxley's prophetic novel of natural man in an unnatural world, a profound and terrifying evocation of our future in which freedom and morality have become obsolete.
Superstitions about such topics as love and marriage, money, ailments, travel, the weather, and death.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.