- Table View
- List View
When Deenie finds out that she has scoliosis, she's scared. When she sees the brace for the first time, she wants to scream.But the words won't come out.
Oscar-winning film Charly starring Cliff Robertson and Claire Bloom-a mentally challenged man receives an operation that turns him into a genius...and introduces him to heartache.
DAVID IS ONLY trying to be cool when he helps some of the popular kids steal Old Lady Bayfield's cane. But when the plan backfires, he's the one the "old witch" curses. Now David can't seem to do anything right. Is it the Bayfield curse at work?
An erotic novel of tenderness and cruelty for the enjoyment of men and women.
When James drops magic crystals by the peach tree, the lone peach starts growing, and before long, it's as big as a house, with a secret entranceway.
The Anarchist Cookbookby Powell, William
Boys and Sexby Pomeroy, Wardell
Con is 17 and has just gotten out of the hospital after trying to commit suicide. He struggles to reconnect with friends, accept the death of his older brother, compete on his swim team, talk to girls, rebuild a relationship with his mother, communicate with his over-protective father, and fight down feelings of anger and hopelessness.
What's Happening to my Body? Book for Boys: A Growing-Up Guide for Parents & Sonsby Madaras, Lynda
Margaret Simon, almost twelve, has just moved from New York City to the suburbs, and she's anxious to fit in with her new friends. When she's asked to join a secret club she jumps at the chance.
Athletic Shortsby Crutcher, Chris
Leslie Jane Conly's Newbery Honor winner is a heart-warming tale of how one boy's view of the world is changed.
It is the summer of 1938 when young Paul Moreaux discovers he can "fade." First bewildered, then thrilled with the possibility of invisibility, Paul experiments with his gift. But his power shows him shocking secrets...
Through a series of questions to which the reader must answer yes or no, the personality and occupation of a lady called Daisy O'Grady are revealed.
Janie Johnson saw the picture on a milk carton, the picture of a little girl who had been kidnapped 12 years before. Janie recognizes the girl in the picture - it was Janie herself. A Newbery Honor Book.
Centering on the infamous firebombing of Dresden, Billy Pilgrim's odyssey through time reflects the mythic journey of our own fractured lives as we search for meaning.
A group of English school boys, marooned on a desert island, attempt to establish something they can call civilization.
Stories filled with wonder and the haunting beauty of his culture have helped make Rudolfo Anaya the father of Chicano literature in English, and his tales fairly shimmer with the lyric richness of his prose.
Curses, Hexes and Spellsby Cohen, Daniel
Fifteen-year-old Jack's confused feelings for his father, who left him and his mother four years earlier, are further complicated when he finds that his father is gay.
Right from the start, Bigger Thomas had been headed for jail. It could have been for assault or petty larceny; by chance, it was for murder and rape.
An "adult juvenile," tells the facts of life like they are-and in a way that children can understand and parents can enjoy. Appealing, instructive, thorough, picture descriptions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.