- Table View
- List View
WINNER OF THE 2013 CALDECOTT MEDAL! From the creator of the #1 New York Times best-selling and award-winning I Want My Hat Back comes a second wry tale.
One hot summer night in the city, all the power goes out. The TV shuts off and a boy wails, "Mommm!" His sister can no longer use the phone, Mom can't work on her computer, and Dad can't finish cooking dinner. What's a family to do?
From the creator of the national bestseller It's a Book comes a timeless story of family history, legacy, and love. Grandpa Green wasn't always a gardener. He was a farm boy and a kid with chickenpox and a soldier and, most of all, an artist.
The "New York Times"-bestselling author of "The Gift of Nothing" presents an inspiring story of the young Jane Goodall and her special childhood toy chimpanzee.
THE BEST SICK DAY EVER and the animals in the zoo feature in this striking picture book debut. Friends come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. In Amos McGee's case, all sorts of species, too!
Chronicles the life of Dave, a nineteenth-century slave, and a potter, who went on to become an influential poet and artist.
Awarded a 2011 Caldecott Honor! A favorite joke inspires this charming tale, in which a little chicken's habit of interrupting bedtime stories is gleefully turned on its head.
Textless retelling of the Lion and the Mouse fable, with beautiful images. Winner of the 2010 Caldecott Award.
An award-winning poet and a brilliant painter inspire us to look closer at the thrilling colors of the seasons.
A spare, patterned text and glowing pictures explore the origins of light that make a house a home in this bedtime book for young children.
Orphan, clock keeper, thief: Hugo lives in the walls of a busy Paris train station, where his survival depends on secrets and anonymity.
Henry's Freedom Box: A True Story from the Underground Railroadby Levine, Ellen
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? The caterpillar or the butterfly? These and other origin questions are answered in a short collection of verses.
Trixie hurries to school to show off her one-of-a-kind Knuffle Bunny. But an awful surprise awaits her; someone else has the same bunny! Filled with hilarious illustrations, this is a wonderfully true story that will have the whole family laughing.
Through journals, maps, and dreamscapes, Peter Sís shows what life was like for a child in his Soviet-controlled country. By joining memory and history, Sís takes us on his journey: from infant with paintbrush in hand to young man borne aloft by the wings of his art.
Flotsamby Wiesner, David
Gone Wild: An Endangered Animal Alphabetby Mclimans, David
Born into slavery, Harriet Tubman escapes, taking with her only her faith, she must creep through the woods with hounds at her feet, sleep for days in a potato hole, and trust people who could have easily turned her in.
The child in this story discovers how a part of her grandparents' house can provide memories to last a lifetime.
Rosaby Giovanni, Nikki
A Caldecott Honor Book. When Stillwater the bear moves into the neighborhood, the stories he tells to three siblings teach them to look at the world in new ways.
Hot Air: The (Mostly) True Story of the First Hot-Air Balloon Rideby Priceman, Marjorie
Song of the Water Boatman and Other Pond Poemsby Sidman, Joyce
When Kitten mistakes the full moon for a bowl of milk, she ends up tired, wet, and hungry trying to reach it.
The Red Bookby Lehman, Barbara
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.