- Table View
- List View
Hot Air: The (Mostly) True Story of the First Hot-Air Balloon Rideby Priceman, Marjorie
Song of the Water Boatman and Other Pond Poemsby Sidman, Joyce
When Kitten mistakes the full moon for a bowl of milk, she ends up tired, wet, and hungry trying to reach it.
The Red Bookby Lehman, Barbara
Coming on Home Soonby Woodson, Jacqueline
A book about a little girl who needs her bunny, but her parents don't understand.
The story of Philippe Petit who walked on a cable between the World Trade Center Towers in 1974.
Ella Sarah Gets Dressedby Chodos-Irvine, Margaret
A Caldecott Honor Book. The bus driver must leave for a little while, and he needs your help: don't let the pigeon drive the bus! The pigeon is desperate to drive, and will explain to you all the reasons why you should let him.
A nose for digging? Ears for seeing? Eyes that squirt blood?
Mouse gets a toy airplane as a gift. His friend Rabbit sends him off on a ride. The plane gets stuck in a tree. Rabbit has a plan to get it.
A New Version of an Old Story first appeared in The New Year's in 1829 and five years later in Mary Howitt's Sketches of Natural History. Teaches a moral - Not everyone who talks sweetly offers sweets.
A Caldecott Honor Book. Hondo the dog is off to the beach, on an adventure with his friend Fred. Fabian the cat stays at home, and gets into mischief with the baby. Who will have more fun?
Noah's Arkby Pinkney, Jerry
from the copyright page: "The three pigs escape the wolf by going into another world where they meet the cat and the fiddle, the cow that jumped over the moon, and a dragon."
Martin's Big Words: the Life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.by Rappaport, Doreen
The Stray Dogby Simont, Marc
Not until the mid 1800s were dinosaurs heard of in Victorian England. But when artist Waterhouse Hawkins built the first life-size models of dinosaurs in his native England, and later in America, he dazzled the world with his awe-inspiring creations.
Presents an assortment of facts about the qualifications and characteristics of U. S. presidents, from George Washington to Bill Clinton.
"And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout; But there is no joy in Mudville - mighty Casey has struck out." Those lines have echoed through the decades, the final stanza of a poem published pseudonymously in the June 3, 1888, issue of the San Francisco Examiner. Its author would rather have seen it forgotten. Instead, Ernest Thayer's poem has taken a well-deserved place as an enduring icon of Americana during the golden era of sport.
When Farmer Brown's cows find a typewriter, they begin to make demands.
A Caldecott Honor Book. Whether at home getting ready for the day, enjoying the beach, or at bedtime, Olivia is a feisty pig who has too much energy for her own good.
A Caldecott Medal winner. A very old overcoat is recycled numerous times into a variety of garments.
A Child's Calendarby Updike, John
Sector 7by Wiesner, David
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.