- Table View
- List View
Hot Air: The (Mostly) True Story of the First Hot-Air Balloon Rideby Priceman, Marjorie
Song of the Water Boatman and Other Pond Poemsby Sidman, Joyce
"Michael," said Karl. "There's a really big bear in the backyard." This is how three children meet Stillwater, a giant panda who moves into the neighborhood and tells amazing tales. With graceful art and simple stories that are filled with love and enlightenment, Jon Muth--and Stillwater the bear--present three ancient Zen tales that are sure to strike a chord in everyone they touch.
It is Kitten's first full moon, and when she sees it she thinks it is a bowl of milk in the sky. And she wants it. Does she get it? Well, no... and yes. What a night! Images and image descriptions available.
The Red Bookby Lehman, Barbara
Coming on Home Soonby Woodson, Jacqueline
Trixie, Daddy, and Knuffle Bunny take a trip to the neighborhood Laundromat. But the exciting adventure takes a dramatic turn when Trixie realizes somebunny was left behind
The story of Philippe Petit who walked on a cable between the World Trade Center Towers in 1974.
Ella Sarah Gets Dressedby Chodos-Irvine, Margaret
A Caldecott Honor Book. The bus driver must leave for a little while, and he needs your help: don't let the pigeon drive the bus! The pigeon is desperate to drive, and will explain to you all the reasons why you should let him.
A nose for digging? Ears for seeing? Eyes that squirt blood?
Mouse gets a toy airplane as a gift. His friend Rabbit sends him off on a ride. The plane gets stuck in a tree. Rabbit has a plan to get it.
A New Version of an Old Story first appeared in The New Year's in 1829 and five years later in Mary Howitt's Sketches of Natural History. Teaches a moral - Not everyone who talks sweetly offers sweets.
A Caldecott Honor Book. Hondo the dog is off to the beach, on an adventure with his friend Fred. Fabian the cat stays at home, and gets into mischief with the baby. Who will have more fun?
Noah's Arkby Pinkney, Jerry
This Caldecott Medal-winning picture book begins placidly (and familiarly) enough, with three pigs collecting materials and going off to build houses of straw, sticks, and bricks. But the wolf's huffing and puffing blows the first pig right out of the story... and into the realm of pure imagination.
Martin's Big Words: the Life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.by Rappaport, Doreen
The Stray Dogby Simont, Marc
Not until the mid 1800s were dinosaurs heard of in Victorian England. But when artist Waterhouse Hawkins built the first life-size models of dinosaurs in his native England, and later in America, he dazzled the world with his awe-inspiring creations.
Presents an assortment of facts about the qualifications and characteristics of U. S. presidents, from George Washington to Bill Clinton.
"And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout; But there is no joy in Mudville - mighty Casey has struck out." Those lines have echoed through the decades, the final stanza of a poem published pseudonymously in the June 3, 1888, issue of the San Francisco Examiner. Its author would rather have seen it forgotten. Instead, Ernest Thayer's poem has taken a well-deserved place as an enduring icon of Americana during the golden era of sport.
Farmer Brown has a problem. His cows like to type. All day long he hears Click, clack, MOO. Click, clack, MOO. Clickety, clack, MOO. But Farmer Brown's problems REALLY begin when his cows start leaving him notes....
Have fun with Olivia... dressing up, singing songs, building sand castles, napping (maybe), dancing, painting on walls, and -- whew! -- going to sleep at last.
A Caldecott Medal winner. A very old overcoat is recycled numerous times into a variety of garments.
A Child's Calendarby Updike, John
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.