- Table View
- List View
Sector 7by Wiesner, David
When Sophie Gets Angry-Really, Really Angryby Bang, Molly
The Ugly Ducklingby Pinkney, Jerry
A biography of a self-taught scientist who photographed thousands of individual snowflakes in order to study their unique formations.
When David Shannon was five years old, he wrote and illustrated his first book. On every page were these words: "No, David!... and a picture of David doing things he was not supposed to do. Now David is all grown up. But some things never change...
Tibet Through the Red Boxby Sís, Peter
Edward Kennedy "Duke" Ellington, "King of the Keys," was born on April 29, 1899, in Washington, D.C.
This Caldecott Honor Book and "Publishers Weekly" Best Book of the Year is now in paperback. As snowflakes slowly come down, one by one, people in the city ignore them and only a boy and his dog think that the snowfall will amount to anything.
Trapped in a tower with no door, Rapunzel is allowed to see no one but the sorceress who has imprisoned her-until the day a young prince hears her singing to the forest birds... Winner of the Caldecott Medal award
A series of letters relating what happens after her father loses his job, and Lydia Grace goes to live with her Uncle Jim in the city but takes her love for gardening with her.
A poem providing a glimpse and a celebration of the people, sights, and sounds of Harlem.
There was an old lady who swallowed a fly, a favorite American folk poem, was first heard in the United States in the 1940's. Using an ever-expanding die-cut hole, Simms Taback gives us a rollicking, eye-popping version of the well-loved poem.
Retold from traditional sources and accompanied by David Wisniewski's unique cut-paper illustrations, Golem is a dramatic tale of supernatural forces invoked to save an oppressed people.
Hush! A Thai Lullabyby Ho, Minfong
The Graphic Alphabetby Pelletier, David
The Paperboyby Pilkey, Dav
Starry Messengerby Sís, Peter
The children at Napville Elementary School always ignore Officer Buckle's safety tips, until a police dog name Gloria accompanies him when he gives his safety speeches.
Alphabet Cityby Johnson, Stephen T.
Ten musical instruments take their parts one by one in a musical performance.
The Faithful Friend,by Souci, Robert D. San
Tops & Bottoms, adapted andby Stevens, Janet
An old woman named Hildilid lives up on a hill and hates the dark nights. In order to get rid of her fear, she tries to trap the night in a sack.
When the Los Angeles riots break out in the streets of their neighborhood, a young boy and his mother learn the value of getting along with others no matter what their background or nationality. Caldecott Medal winner.
John Henry,by Lester, Julius
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.