- Table View
- List View
Veterans, military personnel, and their dependents make up more than one third of America's population. This is a list of Scholarships, Fellowships/Grants, Loans, Grants-in-Aid, and Awards Designed Primarily or Exclusively for Veterans, Military Personnel, and Their Dependents, Plus a Set of Six Indexes.
Billions of dollars in financial aid have been set aside for America's largest minority: the more than 50 million Americans with disabilities and members of their families. In fact, more money is available today than ever before! This is a List of Scholarships, Fellowships/Grants, Loans, Forgivable Loans, Grants-in-Aid, and Awards Designed Primarily or Exclusively for Persons with Disabilities or Members of Their Families and a Set of Six Indexes.
With the recent wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, once again America's men and women who have seen war close-up are suddenly expected to return seamlessly to civilian life.
In our age-diverse workplace of conflicting work ethics, dissimilar values, and idiosyncratic styles, this groundbreaking book supplies fresh, insightful strategies for understanding -- and overcoming -- generational differences.
By the foremost expert in the nation on locating people with a military connection.
Shay uses Homer's classic story of a soldier's homecoming, to illuminate the real problems faced by combat veterans reentering civilian society. Drawing on his years of experience working with Vietnam veterans, Shay illustrates how the Odyssey can be read as a metaphor for the pitfalls that trap many veterans on the road back to civilian life.
Customized employment depends on coupling the strengths of a disabled person with the needs of potential employers.
The reason so many college students underperform is because they're not taught how to transition from the structured military environment to the unstructured college academic environment. The Strategic Student teaches college-bound military veterans how to make this transition and become self-reliant, successful students.
Provides an overview of the context, theories, resources, and strategies for promoting the employment of people with disabilities. Looks at psychosocial and economic aspects of work, legislation, occupational and labor market information, the business perspective, and supporting employment.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.