- Table View
- List View
The Jane Addams Childrens' Book Awards are given annually to those books of exceptional quality which promote the cause of peace, social justice, world community, and the equality of the sexes and all races.
|1990||Medal Winner||A Long Hard Journey: The Story Of The Pullman Porter||Mckissack, Patricia C. and Mckissack, Fredrick L.|
|2011||Medal Winner (Older Children)||A Long Walk to Water: Based on a True Story||Park, Linda Sue|
|2007||Medal Winner (Younger Children)||A Place Where Sunflowers Grow||Lee-Tai, Amy|
|1982||Medal Winner||A Spirit to Ride the Whirlwind||Lord, Athena V.|
|1986||Medal Winner||Ain't Gonna Study War No More: The Story of America's Peace Seekers||Meltzer, Milton|
|1983||Special Commendation||All the Colors of the Race||Children, Arnold Adoff By Our||Pending Title [?]|
|1978||Special Commendation||Amifika||Davar, Lucille Clifton By Ashok||Pending Title [?]|
|1989||Medal Winner||Anthony Burns: The Defeat and Triumph of a Fugitive Slave||Hamilton, Virginia|
|1993||Medal Winner (Picture Book)||Aunt Harriet's Underground Railroad in the Sky||Ringgold, Faith||Pending Title [?]|
|1999||Medal Winner (Older Children)||Bat 6||Wolff, Virginia Euwer|
|1966||Medal Winner||Berries Goodman||Neville, Emily Cheney||Pending Title [?]|
|1957||Medal Winner||Blue Mystery||Benary-Isbert, Margot||Pending Title [?]|
|1960||Medal Winner||Champions of Peace||Meyer, Edith Patterson||Pending Title [?]|
|1978||Medal Winner||Child of the Owl||Yep, Laurence|
|1983||Special Commendation||Children as Teachers of Peace||Children, Arnold Adoff By Our||Pending Title [?]|
|2006||Medal Winner (Younger Children)||Delivering Justice: W. W. Law and the Fight for Civil Rights||Haskins, Jim|
|2011||Medal Winner (Younger Children)||Emma's Poem: The Voice of the Statue of Liberty||Glaser, Linda|
|2001||Medal Winner (Older Children)||Esperanza Rising||Ryan, Pam Muñoz|
|1981||Medal Winner||First Woman in Congress: Jeannette Rankin||White, Florence Meiman||Pending Title [?]|
|1994||Medal Winner (Older Children)||Freedom's Children||Levine, Ellen|
|1997||Medal Winner (Older Children)||Growing Up in Coal Country||Bartoletti, Susan Campbell|
|1998||Medal Winner (Older Children)||Habibi||Nye, Naomi Shihab|
|2004||Medal Winner (Picture Book)||Harvesting Hope: the Story of Cesar Chavaz||Krull, Kathleen|
|1983||Medal Winner||Hiroshima No Pika||Maruki, Toshi||Pending Title [?]|
|1971||Medal Winner||Jane Addams: Pioneer of Social Justice||Meigs, Cornelia||Pending Title [?]|
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.