- Table View
- List View
The division of India in 1947 took many people away from their home and made thousands and lakhs suffer a lot. Thousands lost their lives and never returned to their homes. Moro wala bagh is children's fiction written on the backdrop of the division of India. Little Juni the protagonist had to leave her home and go to another place far away from her village. In the far away village she found a garden with peacocks all around. Juni spent lot of time there and after seeing the better returned to her village later. The memories of the garden were etched in her mind for a long long time.
This books deals with the life, thoughts and creations of Muktibodh. He was a composer as well as a thinker. He has given his thoughts on the poetry and the society. This book explains briefly the works of Muktibodh.
Mukut is the Hindi translation of the Bangla version. It shows the result of enmity between brothers. This book can be read by people of all ages.
After Nirala, Nagarjun is the only poet who has used so many verses, forms and poetic styles. His expression is very proper and direct. His poems and stories mostly tell us about the part of the country where he stayed. In his style, one would find both the independence of wanderlust and speed.
Radhadevi Goyanka has through her book depicted the social problems faced by womenfolk in India. This book is not only the result of her deep study of the subject but she also brings entire society's attention to removal of the problems faced by women.
This book is dedicated to the writing style of Upendranath Ashq. By reading this book, a reader would be able to know much about this famous literature giant.
This book is useful for the writers of Hindi plays. Govind Das tells the readers to be aware of the issues which have to be kept in mind while writing a play.
Nav Nidhi is the collection of stories of Premchand which show the suffering one has to go through when something precious is lost.
A collection of poems by one of the great poetesses of Hindi literature, Mahadevi Verma.
This book is a collection of old and well-known Indian folk tales. Writer Gopal Das read these stories in Indian antiquities and always wanted to have these in Hindi. Stories like these have expanded constructive and imagination of scores of Indian mass.
Nirmala a novel by Premchand is based on the background of pre-independence. It narrates the tragic story of a young and vulnerable girl, named Nirmala. Severly torn by poverty, parents of Nirmala could not afford to pay the amount of dowry and she was married to an elderly widower, who had sons of Nirmala`s age. The nature as well as the circumstances bring the step son of widower closer. But the old man gets to know of the affair before anything could happen. The young man dies and brings a lot of inconveniences to Nirmala. The novel deals about the life and activities of Nirmala. Nirmala as a protagonist and as a victim conveys a sensitive issue, which communicates a sense of tragedy rather than moral disapproval. In a sense we can say that with Nirmala we can see a feminist inclination of Indian writing
One of the most horrific tragedies written by Shakespeare. The play grabs and holds us in hypnosis. Iago sets traps like an spider and Othello steadily becomes his prey. Othello kills his wife and then kills himself after finding that he was at fault.
Stories in Paatdeyi are the result of the contemporary social conditions of the lower middle and middle classes in Odisha. Veenapani shows the deep understanding of the neglected sections of the society.
Pandit Damodar has created this play based on the life of Queen Padmini who is a legend from Rajasthan.
This is the Hindi translation of the book Pather Daavi written originally in Bangla by the Great Writer Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay. This novel is considered important also because of the dominant feeling of the love for home country. The importance could be understood by the fact that it was seized by the Britishers.
Kurrtualin tells through the stories about the brutal realities of contemporary society with intense emotion. These simple stories enter the conscience of humankind.
A classical book written on the different explanations of Ancient Indian History. The writer takes reference from various authentic sources and presents a well balanced description of the society of the ancient India.
Premchand is standing up once again for the realistic pivot of the family. The inhumanity of caste hierarchies and the plight of women stirred his indignation and remained constant themes through his work. Another of his classics
First part of the complete collection of short stories of Premacanda, 1881-1936, Hindi author.
Part two of the complete collection of short stories of Premacanda, 1881-1936, Hindi author.
Part three of the complete collection of short stories of Premacanda, 1881-1936, Hindi author.
Fourth part of the complete collection of short stories of Premachanda, 1881-1936.
Fifth part of the complete collection of short stories of Premacanda, 1881-1936.
Part six of the complete collection of short stories of Premacanda, 1881-1936, Hindi author.
This is the best among the poems of Kalidasa. In this poetry Kalidasa gives the history from King Dilip to Agnivarna.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.