- Table View
- List View
A grim tale of torture, and the blind men who were chained to pillars in an underground cave.
A story of the shocking revelation that came to the twenty-first Baron Kralitz.
Jules de Grandin's talk of cats and mice seemed utterly irrelevant.
Something of the wonder that must have come to men seeking magic in the sky in days long vanished.
The amethyst-covered boots had been worn by an evil wanton in medieval Florence--but what malefic power did they carry over into our own time?
Creeping, writhing, insidiously crawling and groping, the long arm reached out in its ghastly errand of death.
Once more the epic struggle between the Elder Gods and the Ancient Ones was having repercussions on one of earth's seemingly most peaceful valleys.
An amazing weird mystery story, packed with thrills, danger and startling events.
Old Mr. Wiley and the dog came over every night ... but were they real?
Everything seemed normal--except that one man, and the kitten, had vanished.
It looked exactly like a little dog waiting to be lifted into its mistress' arms. It had dimension and a definite personality. It seemed more than a shadow or a wet spot.
In abandoned cisterns and old wells, in moldy heaps of straw forgotten in the corners of deserted barns, in reedy pools deep in the woods, in fungied hollows of dead trees, in all such secret places apart from man, strange life engenders, drifts in and takes root and form. In a place called Yancey's Meadow such a thing grew and waxed and made itself a shape, listened and dozed and waited.
A weird and uncanny tale about a strange criminal who called himself Doctor Satan, and the terrible doom with which he struck down his enemies.
A gripping, thrilling, uncanny tale about the frightful fate that befell a yachting party on the dreadful island of living dead men.
A powerful story of stark horror, and the dreadful thing that happened in a lone house in the Maine woods.
"Oh, no; I'm really here," the voice, inaudible but mentally present, assured him. "You can't see me, or touch me, or even really hear me, but I'm not something you just imagined. I'm just as real as ... as Smokeball, there. Only I'm a different kind of reality. Watch."
The golden guardians denied mankind the stars. They were irresistible in their might ... and they were something more!
What more fitting place for the last man on Earth to live in than a museum? Now if only he could avoid becoming an exhibit himself!
Unfortunate castaway! Marooned far from home--with nothing to share his loneliness but humans!
Once they had been human--now they shared a remarkable destiny on an incredible new planet....
Have you found out about the Big Engine? It's all around us, you know--can't you hear it even now?
"I could change, you see, and take things as all sorts of odd characters. If I was spotted and followed, I'd try to duck in an alley or a doorway and change again. The clothes are extra. Sometimes I could hide clothes in a lot. Most of the time, though, I'd have to change into something new. A bird, a cat. Then I'd carry what I had stolen in my beak or around my neck. Once I copped an umbrella and changed into a big dog and went off with it in my mouth."
Brilliant? A genius? David Adam Smith had the brains of fifty men--very literally!
They were a charming family and everybody loved them to death--especially Amanda
To live different and exciting lives, all I had to do was sign here--and give up my own life!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.