- Table View
- List View
Advanced Placement: World History Test Preparation Guide to accompany Traditions and Encounters, A Global Perspective on the Pastby Jerry H. Bentley Herbert F. Ziegler Dixie Johnson Grupe Sigrid Reynolds
Advanced placement class on world history
A text for students learning basic mechanical skills in high school and postsecondary programs in agriscience, production agriculture, agribusiness, ornamental horticulture, and agricultural mechanics. Treatment begins with information on careers, then provides instruction on basic mechanical skills and applications. Covers use of hand tools, power tools, and stationary power equipment with numerous materials, touching on processes of wood- and metalworking, electric and gas welding, electrical wiring, robotics, plumbing, and construction. Includes color photos of male and female students, and 54 project plans. This fourth edition is revised to reflect the latest developments in the field. Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Agriscience Fundamentals and Applications, 5th edition provides a broad-spectrum overview of the agricultural industry and the industry-based sciences, including basic principles of science as they apply to plants, animals, soils and foods, for high school students. Each chapter includes visual aids such as color photos, sketches, diagrams, and tables. Agriscience Fundamentals and Applications, 5th edition, also identifies chapter objectives, evaluation materials, suggested class activities, key terms, and internet key words to guide student's in-depth study.
Agriscience Fundamentals and Applications is the most effective book available for introducing agricultural education. It addresses the full spectrum of the agricultural industry and introduces science as the basis for higher productivity and for the safest food system in the world. Readers also gain knowledge about agricultural careers and opportunities through the Agri-Profile feature. The authors successfully convey the principles of integrating science into the agricultural curriculum, and they educate readers about accessing related material on the Internet and about National FFA programs related to agriscience and technology. Color photos and illustrations, discussions of recent technological advances and Hot Topic inserts are just some of the many tools used to help the reader comprehend the wealth of material contained in this introduction to agriscience.
Discover the Flexibility to Teach Science Your Way!. "Glencoe Science: The Air Around You," a module in the Glencoe Science 15 book series, provides students with accurate and comprehensive coverage of middle school National Science Education Standards. Concepts are explained in a clear, concise manner, and are integrated with a wide range of hands-on experiences, critical thinking opportunities, real-world applications, and connections to other sciences and to non-science areas of the curriculum. Co-authored by National Geographic, unparalleled graphics reinforce key concepts. A broad array of print and technology resources help differentiate and accommodate all learners. The modular approach allows you to mix and match books to meet your specific curriculum needs.
THE PROGRAM STUDENTS NEED; THE FOCUS TEACHERS WANT! "Glencoe Algebra 2" is a key program in our vertically aligned high school mathematics series developed to help all students achieve a better understanding of mathematics and improve their mathematics scores on today's high-stakes assessments.
This market-leading text continues to provide students and instructors with sound, consistently structured explanations of the mathematical concepts. Designed for a two-term course, the new Seventh Edition retains the features that have made Algebra and Trigonometry a complete solution for both students and instructors: interesting applications, cutting-edge design, and innovative technology combined with an abundance of carefully written exercises.
Algebra: Concepts & Applications, is a comprehensive Algebra 1 program that is available in full and two-volume editions. Algebra: Concepts & Applications uses a clean lesson design with many detailed examples and straightforward narration that make Algebra 1 topics inviting and Algebra 1 content understandable. Volume 1 contains Chapters 1-8 of Algebra: Concepts & Applications plus an initial section called Chapter A. Chapter A includes a pretest, lessons on prerequisite concepts, and a post test. Designed for students who are challenged by high school mathematics, the 2006 edition has many new features and support components.<P> Advisory: It has been reported to us that this book contains mathematical problems that have been rendered by the publisher as images without image descriptions.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.