- Table View
- List View
This book is an introductory text to Literature and covers a vast number of areas like Poetry, Literary Criticism, Fiction, and Plots.
The following chart lists Ohio's Academic Content Standards for language arts and the grade-level indicators for grade 6.The numbered indicators summarize what you should be able to do by the end of your sixth-grade year. Each indicator appears in the left column in a yellow box, followed by an explanation of the indicator. In the right column are examples of how Elements of Literature helps you master the standards.
The textbook provides the student/learner with eight categories of academic standards for reading, writing, and speaking and listening. It also helps the student/learner study the Writer's Models and learn to write short stories, editorials, and more.
A literature text for Indiana students.
Helps 8th grade students master the required standards of Literature. It gives guidelines on taking and writing tests, revising and essay writing and also. It also contains additional literacy selections.
Literature book for the 12th grade.
Reading is an interactive process. The more you put into it, the more you get out of it. This book is designed to do just that--help you interact with the selections you read by marking them up, asking your own questions, taking notes, recording your own ideas, and responding to the questions of others.
This latest edition integrates Karen Arms' exceptional writing style with a solutions-oriented approach to emphasize the human and ecological implications of environmental problems. Many new features are included in this second edition, including "Equal Time" boxes and the latest environmental information.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.