- Table View
- List View
History textbook for New York students.
A textbook for United States history from earliest Indian civilizations to the present, with maps, charts, activities, study questions, and review chapters.
You can use this book as a tool to master American history. Spend a few minutes becoming familiar with the way the book is set up, and see how you can unlock the secrets of American history.
Prentice Hall Biology Textbook for High School
Students of grades 10 and 11 will take the test called the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) in science. The objectives are based on the learning requirements listed in the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS). Students can take steps to improve their performance and increase the chances of doing well on the test, and this biology textbook will help them take these steps. Each chapter has many features that prepare for the TAKS, followed by an overview of the Biology TEKS.
Science has several features that make it different from other human endeavors. First, science deals only with the natural world. Second, scientists collect and organize information in a careful, orderly way, looking for parterres and connections between events. Third, scientists propose explanations that can be tested by examining evidence.
The state of New York has established standards describing science knowledge and skills you will learn this year. At first glance, learning all this information may seem overwhelming.
This book is designed to enhance review of the concepts, skills, and application of the Physical Setting/Earth Science Core Curriculum that may be tested on the Regents Examination for The Physical Setting: Earth Science. Students can use the book in any order as each topic is independent except for the introduction of vocabulary words.
The new Pearson Chemistry program combines our proven content with cutting-edge digital support to help students connect chemistry to their daily lives. With a fresh approach to problem-solving, a variety of hands-on learning opportunities, and more math support than ever before, Pearson Chemistry will ensure success in your chemistry classroom. Our program provides features and resources unique to Pearson--including the Understanding by Design Framework and powerful online resources to engage and motivate your students, while offering support for all types of learners in your classroom.
Prentice Hall Chemistry is a comprehensive and motivating program that builds problem-solving skills and stresses the relevance and application of chemistry to your present and future life.
The California Chemistry strand is organized into general standard sets. Each standard set is divided into a series of specific topic standards.
In this textbook, you will come to understand the nature of matter and energy and the interactions between them. You will also gain an appreciation of the scientific process that has resulted in the body of knowledge we have today.
The study of chemistry may seem difficult and boring but this book proves otherwise since it is inviting, colorful, interesting and understandable.
Prentice Hall Chemistry: Tennessee Student Edition
This textbook provides thorough coverage of all traditional Algebra 2 concepts and skills. It also includes chapters on Trignometry.
Physics textbook for high school students.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.