- Table View
- List View
Karen really likes her second-grade teacher, Ms. Colman, so she's pretty disappointed when she hears Ms. Colman must take some time off from school. The substitute teacher, Miss Hoffman, is unfriendly and has all kinds of awful rules. Karen doesn't like her at all. Will they ever get along?
For New Year's Eve, Karen thinks everyone should make a resolution. Hannie promises to stop biting her nails; Kirsty promises not to talk on the phone so much. But Karen just catches everyone breaking their promises! Now they're all calling her a spy. Aren't resolutions supposed to be fun?
Karen and her friends start their own neighborhood newspaper, but they learn about ethics in journalism after printing secrets about their neighbors and upsetting everyone.
Karen really wants Moonbeam, the new video game system. But Daddy won't buy it for her. So Karen decides to get a job. She will help Kristy deliver newspapers. It is hard work. Karen has to get up very early in the morning! And some people are pretty picky about how their papers are delivered. Can Karen earn the money she needs?
When Karen is selected as queen of Pizza Express, she begins to get too big for her britches, but her classmates forgive her when she throws them a huge pizza party.
Karen is on her first plane trip, but this isn't just any plane trip. Karen is flying alone and she's going to visit her grandparents' farm in Nebraska for the first time.
The Three Musketeers -- Karen, Nancy, and Hannie -- are going to pony camp. But Karen cannot wait. Her pony Blueberry is going to camp, too. But pony camp is not easy. The older campers tease Karen. Nancy is afraid. And Hannie spends too much time riding. Will the Three Musketeers ever have fun at pony camp?
Karen is a P-A-I-N. Karen loves to spell words. She is very good at it, too. First she wins the spelling bee in her class. Then Karen wins another spelling contest. And another ... and another! Soon Karen is the best junior speller in the state of Connecticut. She is even going to be on TV. Karen thinks that is so great. But her friends don't. They think Karen is a show-off!
Karen promised her brother Andrew that they'd never be separated. When Karen's mom and step dad announced that they'd be moving to Chicago for six months -- with Andrew -- Karen's promise is put to the test.
Karen's dad gives Karen a special job for Halloween. She is in charge of the pumpkin patch. Karen chooses a giant one for herself, then finds good homes for all her pumpkin babies.
Karen is going to art camp, and she can't wait to make art projects! But Karen is mad at Hannie and Nancy -- they're not going. So Karen makes puppets that look like Hannie and Nancy. Then Karen's friends buy tickets to the puppet show. Now what's Karen going to do?
Karen has new roller skates and is a very good skater, but she falls and breaks her wrist! Karen wants somebody famous to sign her cast, but it won't be easy.
When Karen's class wins a real live turkey, they plan to make him the star of the school's Thanksgiving assembly. But when the big bird runs away from Karen's house, she's off on a wild turkey chase!
When Karen's little brother Andrew wishes he had homework like the "big kids" she sets out to open up her own school to teach him (and a few neighbors) how to read and write.
After an incident using the school bus for the first time, and continuous problems afterwards, Karen no longer wants to use the bus. What could ever make her change her mind?
Karen and Addie are elected to the safety patrol. Karen is so proud to wear her badge and help keep the halls safe. But uh-oh. Things are being stolen all over the school. Can Karen and Addie catch the thieves?
Karen has just found out that she needs glasses. Now she has to decide whether or not to wear them in the school pictures!
Your answer, please ... Ms. Coleman has a big surprise. Karen's class is going to be on a TV quiz show! School Stars is a show with school questions and silly stunts. Karen's class is very excited, and Karen and her friends practice a lot. Karen thinks they are gigundoly good. But will they win the big prize?
Karen learns the importance of keeping a secret so that rumors don't get started. She has to regain her class mate's confidence after they stop talking to her because she spilled Natalie's secret.
In Ms. Colman's Secret Valentine project, the identities of everyone's secret pal are revealed, but a big -- and very secret -- mixup causes mass confusion.
Karen doesn't want to be boring at the class Show and Share, so she makes up a story about being related to Bobby, the famous baseball star. Her white lie spins out of control when classmates ask for signed souvenirs and information about the hero.
Karen enjoys a fun-filled, action-packed trip to the ski slopes where she makes friends, overcomes her fear ... and learns how to ski!
When Karen gets in over her head in the snow-shoveling business, it's up to her and her friends to find a way to dig themselves out.
Stoneybrook is preparing for a special lighting ceremony at the winter carnival, and Karen has a plan to be the one chosen to throw the master switch.
Karen is so busy! It's softball season and she's planning a party for Ms. Colman's return to school after having a baby. Then odd things start happening at team practice--equipment is disappearing, pages are ripped from Kristy's softball notebook--and Karen must solve a mystery too.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.