- Table View
- List View
Karen has new roller skates and is a very good skater, but she falls and breaks her wrist! Karen wants somebody famous to sign her cast, but it won't be easy.
When Karen's class wins a real live turkey, they plan to make him the star of the school's Thanksgiving assembly. But when the big bird runs away from Karen's house, she's off on a wild turkey chase!
When Karen's little brother Andrew wishes he had homework like the "big kids" she sets out to open up her own school to teach him (and a few neighbors) how to read and write.
After an incident using the school bus for the first time, and continuous problems afterwards, Karen no longer wants to use the bus. What could ever make her change her mind?
Karen and Addie are elected to the safety patrol. Karen is so proud to wear her badge and help keep the halls safe. But uh-oh. Things are being stolen all over the school. Can Karen and Addie catch the thieves?
Karen has just found out that she needs glasses. Now she has to decide whether or not to wear them in the school pictures!
Your answer, please ... Ms. Coleman has a big surprise. Karen's class is going to be on a TV quiz show! School Stars is a show with school questions and silly stunts. Karen's class is very excited, and Karen and her friends practice a lot. Karen thinks they are gigundoly good. But will they win the big prize?
Karen learns the importance of keeping a secret so that rumors don't get started. She has to regain her class mate's confidence after they stop talking to her because she spilled Natalie's secret.
In Ms. Colman's Secret Valentine project, the identities of everyone's secret pal are revealed, but a big -- and very secret -- mixup causes mass confusion.
Karen doesn't want to be boring at the class Show and Share, so she makes up a story about being related to Bobby, the famous baseball star. Her white lie spins out of control when classmates ask for signed souvenirs and information about the hero.
Karen enjoys a fun-filled, action-packed trip to the ski slopes where she makes friends, overcomes her fear ... and learns how to ski!
When Karen gets in over her head in the snow-shoveling business, it's up to her and her friends to find a way to dig themselves out.
Stoneybrook is preparing for a special lighting ceremony at the winter carnival, and Karen has a plan to be the one chosen to throw the master switch.
Karen is so busy! It's softball season and she's planning a party for Ms. Colman's return to school after having a baby. Then odd things start happening at team practice--equipment is disappearing, pages are ripped from Kristy's softball notebook--and Karen must solve a mystery too.
Karen wants to be the star in the Thanksgiving play but she's got the worst part -- the turkey! All she has to do is walk across the stage. Will everyone laugh at her? Not when they see her big surprise.
Swimmers, take your marks! Karen has joined the swim team! She loves dreaming about winning medals and learning to swim fast. But mostly she likes to have fun with her swim team friends. Then the coach starts acting mean. He says the team is not working hard enough. Can Karen find a way to be a winner and have fun too?
Karen and David Michael have the worst manners ever. Karen burps at the dinner table, and David Michael makes rude noises with his armpit. Daddy thinks it's time they learnt to behave, so he sends them off to Mr Peabody's School of Dance and Charm. Karen loves learning to behave like a lady, but the boys are determined to ruin everything. Karen decides to teach the boys a lesson.
Hello, this is Karen Brewer ... Karen loves to talk on the phone. But Karen's family is mad -- Karen is tying up the line. And she forgets to take messages. So Daddy makes phone rules for Karen. But Karen sneaks phone calls anyway. And soon she's in a huge mess.
Discouraged when her mother will not allow her and her brother, Andrew, to purchase the toy gun accessories that were featured in an exciting new action movie, Karen plots to save up her money to buy the toys on the sly.
Anticipating all the Thanksgiving festivities, including a visit by her grandparents and the New York City parade, Karen fears things are going from bad to worse when Grandad gets sick and her parents become occupied with grownup things.
Tammy and Terri are real-live twins in Karen's class. Audrey thinks that is really neat. She wants to be a twin, too, and her twin is going to be Karen! Audrey decides that she and Karen are going to dress like twins, talk alike, and act alike. But after a while, Karen does not think that this is such a neat idea.
Karen and her brother Andrew, whose parents are divorced, want to spend equal time with both parents. So they help their parents make a new custody arrangement to make everyone happier.
Karen and Andrew are getting ready to celebrate Christmas. Karen is even learning about other holidays, like Hanukkah. Karen's grandmother gets sick and now Karen doesn't want Christmas to come at all.
Everyone has a bad day once in a while -- but no one can top Karen's worst day ever.
Karen knows she shouldn't be playing with her yo-yo in school. Soon she finds herself in trouble with the substitute teacher -- but for something that's not her fault.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.