- Table View
- List View
Why do you feel an instant attraction to one person and not another? And how can you help ensure that a connection lasts? With her ability to deliver cutting edge information in a lighthearted style, communications expert Leil Lowndes has made a career of teaching the secrets of successful interaction. In this book, based on the latest findings in cognitive science, she shows readers how to spark that elusive feeling of chemistry with almost anyone-and sustain it when the relationship moves to the next level, from marriage to parenthood and beyond. Although chemistry affects nearly every relationship, few people understand it-what initiates it, what destroys it, and what makes it last forever. While genetic makeup and past experiences all play a role, there are many things you can do to influence it. Ultrapractical, How to Create Chemistry with Anyone turns the complex neurological science of attachment into 75 easy communication strategies and unusual techniques that show readers what to do-and what not to do-to find and keep love.
In their groundbreaking books on the benefits of a low-GI diet, world-renowned researcher Jennie Brand-Miller and her team have changed the way the world thinks about food and nutrition. Eating according to the glycemic index has never been more popular than it is now-and it just got easier. From general health concerns to losing weight to managing chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart disease, the Shopper's Guide has everything you need to know about managing your health through your eating habits. The GI tables-comprehensive lists of foods and their glycemic index values-are the key to unlocking the remarkable health benefits of a low-GI diet. This year's edition of the Shopper's Guide is an essential tool for your health and wellness.
A leading M. I. T. social scientist and consultant examines five professions--engineering, architecture, management, psychotherapy, and town planning--to show how professionals really go about solving problems. <P><P>The best professionals, Donald Schön maintains, know more than they can put into words. To meet the challenges of their work, they rely less on formulas learned in graduate school than on the kind of improvisation learned in practice. This unarticulated, largely unexamined process is the subject of Schön's provocatively original book, an effort to show precisely how "reflection-in-action" works and how this vital creativity might be fostered in future professionals.
String theory says we live in a ten-dimensional universe, but that only four are accessible to our everyday senses. According to theorists, the missing six are curled up in bizarre structures known as Calabi-Yau manifolds. In The Shape of Inner Space, Shing-Tung Yau, the man who mathematically proved that these manifolds exist, argues that not only is geometry fundamental to string theory, it is also fundamental to the very nature of our universe. Time and again, where Yau has gone, physics has followed. Now for the first time, readers will follow Yau's penetrating thinking on where we've been, and where mathematics will take us next. A fascinating exploration of a world we are only just beginning to grasp, The Shape of Inner Space will change the way we consider the universe on both its grandest and smallest scales.
The Tipsy Vegan showcases plant-based recipes using favorites from the bar circuit--wine, beer, vodka--as key ingredients. From spiked appetizers, soups, and salads to blitzed main dishes, desserts, and, of course, cocktails, these buzz-worthy recipes make sure you have a blast, whether you're preparing for a houseful of guests or a party for one
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.