- Table View
- List View
Andrew, Judy, and Thudd drive the Water Bug deep into the ocean, where the only light comes from strange glowing creatures. Just as they're passing over the deepest place on earth, the trusty Water Bug loses power! Now instead of saving the giant squids, Andrew, Judy, and Thudd will have to savethemselves- or be lost on the bottom of the ocean forever!
Ten-year-old Andrew invents a shrinking machine that allows him some unusual and instructive lessons in science from a unique vantage point.
It's Christmas Eve, and Kaye's family is on the way to her grandmother's house in a swirling snowstorm. Suddenly the car hits a patch of ice. It slides across the road and skids into a snow-filled ditch! Through the car window, Kaye spots a light in the woods. Its glow leads her and her parents through the blizzard. They find a warm cabin and a kindly old woman named Elsa. And Kaye finds something else a green ghost who needs her help! Newbery Honoruwinning author Marion Dane Bauer spins a third spooky tale to complement her previous stories, The Blue Ghost and The Red Ghost.
Bobby is so proud of his puppy Lucy. She's a terrific friend, and a great dog. So when a local store has a pet contest, he happily enters Lucy in it. But it turns out the pet that wins the contest may be featured on TV-with its owner! Bobby is shy. He doesn't like attention. But can he face the spotlight . . . for Lucy? The third story of a boy and beagle's friendship is perfect for young dog lovers! From the Trade Paperback edition.
In the days of knights and castles, one man knew all the secrets of magic. His name was Merlin. Merlin saw the future. He cast powerful spells. He brought King Arthur to the throne and helped him rule England. Together Merlin and Arthur made history--and became legend. Kids who love magic won't want to miss this story of Merlin, the greatest magician ever, and his friendship with the once and future king, Arthur, with its beautiful full-color illustrations of Camelot, magic objects, and knights in shining armor. Stephanie Spinner is the author of the popular early chapter book trilogyAliens for Breakfast, Aliens for Lunch,andAliens for Dinner, as well the well-reviewed novel for children,Quiver. The author lives in New York, NY. Russian-born Valerie Sokolova is finding a new home in the American publishing industry with her elaborate illustrations, such as the ones in theGolden Treasury of Christmas Joy. She lives in Brooklyn, NY. From the Trade Paperback edition.
The whole town has turned out to watch the Green Lawn women challenge the men--and to see Mr. Pocket's prized baseball collection. But sometime during the game, the balls are stolen! The police suspect the umpire of foul play. Can Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose prove he's innocent, or is it strike three for the Green Lawn ump? From the Trade Paperback edition.
Zis forZOMBIE. . . Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are excited to vacation in the Louisiana bayou. But the small village they visit has a scary problem. The villagers tell stories of voodoo and a giant zombie with silver hair who has been digging up graves in the cemetery. Can the the tales be true? It's up to Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose to unearth the secrets of the zombie zone. From the Trade Paperback edition.
"Y is for "YACHT . . . Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose love visiting their friend Sammi, the prince of Costra. They swim, soak in the sun, and admire the bright yellow yacht that is moored just offshore. But the owners of the yacht are acting a little suspicious. And there's suddenly been a robbery on the island. Can Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose find out a connection between the robbery and the mysterious yellow yacht?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.