A thoughtful exploration of Christianity and Buddhism.
Eight short stories about the life of Jesus adapted from the Gospels. Through these stories and pictures a very real person is revealed.
In this and its companion volume, Dr. Barclay makes the most difficult book in the Bible easier to understand. In his introduction he examines areas such as the characteristics of apocalyptic literature and the nature of Caesar worship, John was, as Dr. Barclay shows, "soaked and saturated" in the Old Testament, and most of the imagery he employs is drawn from that source. Dr. Barclay does more than clarify the meaning of the imagery. His commentary covers many interesting subjects, such as the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit, the probable facts about John exile on the island, and the meaning of Christ's knocking at the door.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.