- Table View
- List View
Ready to find out where you can maximize the return on your B-school investment? The career experts at WetFeet undertake painstaking research and analysis of the top industries and careers every year, so you don't have to! This Insider Guide profiles a host of industries and careers that hire newly minted MBAs to fill their ranks. Whether you have no idea how to use your degree or you've always known what you're destined to do for a living, this book is the perfect place to start researching your future career. Book jacket.
For those interested in a career in human resources, this WetFeet Insider Guide explores how the field has evolved; the hiring outlook and industry trends; the different jobs available, with salary ranges for each; the pros and cons of working in HR; and how to shine in their interviews.
Despite the technology sector downturn and the outsourcing trend, IT professions are among the fastest-growing and highest-paying jobs in the economy. This WetFeet Insider Guide explores current industry trends, where IT professionals commonly find work, major IT job functions, and what industry professionals like and dislike about the work.
If your creative genius is matched by your analytical acumen, you may find that marketing makes for a worthy challenge, and an exciting career. The uninitiated may mistakenly equate marketing with peddling household products, but marketers know their roles are far more complex and engaging than that. They help their organizations anticipate the public's needs and position them to satisfy those needs. As such, marketing is the necessary link between an organization and its target audience, which is now more broadly defined to include customers, clients, investors, and partners.
For the civic-minded, nonprofits and government agencies can be very rewarding places to work. This WetFeet Insider Guide explores profiles of top nonprofit and government organizations; the types of jobs available to MBAs and undergrads; what current nonprofit and government professionals like and dislike about their work; and how to get a foot in the door.
Every year, WetFeet's career experts undertake painstaking research and analysis, to profile a host of industries and careers that hire recent graduates. It's the perfect starting point for undergrads ready to research their future careers. This book covers 20 industries and 10 career functions; key jobs, with current salary ranges and overall job prospects; top-ranked companies; and common career tracks.
Consulting firms are traditionally among the largest employers of top MBA and college graduates. This WetFeet Insider Guide profiles 25 top firms, with key numbers and recent milestones for each, from mergers and acquisitions to global expansion; the inside scoop on what it's like to work there; hiring information, including how to make contact and with whom; and interviewing tips.
WetFeet has earned a strong reputation among college graduates and career professionals for its series of highly credible, no-holds-barred Insider Guides. This one is on networking, a valuable skill in any industry.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.