- Table View
- List View
[from the back cover] "Out-of-work actress Alice Nestleton is willing to go as far as Atlantic City for a gig. Relaxing in a fabulous suite, she is startled by a slinky cat crawling up to her sixteenth-floor window. Alice's quest for its owner takes her to the nasty scene of Adele Houghton slashed to death and her roommate, Carmella, standing there covered in blood. The police nab Carmella, but her handsome lover insists she is innocent and begs Alice to find the real killer. Alice is ready to bet that the murderer did in poor Ms. Houghton in order to steal her legendary, dice-charming cat. But the odds could be longer than a cat's nine lives against Alice stopping a fast-shuffling pro from stacking the deck." Millions of citizens live in New York City. A surprisingly large number of them come unforgettably to life as Alice Nestleton, forty-something-year-old Actress and cat sitter investigates a wide variety of crimes in the Alice Nestleton Mysteries available from Bookshare including #1 A Cat in the Manger, #2 A Cat of a Different Color, # 3 A Cat in Wolf's Clothing, #4 A Cat by Any Other Name, #5. A Cat in the Wings, #6 A Cat With a Fiddle, # 7 A Cat in a Glass House, #8 A Cat With No Regrets, #9 A Cat on the Cutting Edge, #10, A Cat in Fine Style, #11 A Cat On A Winning Streak, #12 A Cat Under the Mistletoe, #13 A Cat in the Chorus Line, #14 A Cat on a Beach Blanket, #15 A Cat on Jingle Bell Rock, #16 A Cat On Stage Left, #17 A Cat of One's Own, #18 A Cat With The Blues, #19 A Cat With No Clue, #20 A Cat Named Brat and #21 A Cat on the Bus, The action in these relatively short novels gets underway on page one. The reader isn't given a moment to lose interest. Being an actress, Alice notices details about places and people that bring the reader into the picture. Being a cat lover, Alice misses no opportunity to lavishly describe her own two cats and cats she meets along her way, as well as sprinkling in catnips of feline trivia cat-loving and curious readers will enjoy.
Dylan Quade was a man's man, whether he was running cattle on his Bar X ranch, breaking a bronc or carousing in the rowdy saloons of Jackson Hole. He had no use for any woman, least of all the bedraggled charity case his shiftless kin were trying to palm off on him. Rachel Sutter had been wedded and widowed on the same day, and now his dirt-poor cousins were claiming she'd make Dylan a fine wife. Not if he had anything to say about it!
[From the back cover: "Despite County Wicklow's dismal autumn rain, American translator Torrey Tunet is happy to be back in Ireland after a European assignment. She's longing for a lovely peat fire in her Ballynagh cottage when she spots a forlorn child fresh off the Dublin bus with no one to meet her. Reluctantly taking charge of delivering the child to Gwathney Hall, Torrey walks right into trouble. Historian John Gwathney has just been brutally gunned down, and the child's beautiful Auntie Megan--Gwathney's housekeeper and perhaps his lover-appears the likeliest suspect. But Torrey doesn't agree. She knows many eyes watch from behind the lace curtains of an Irish village, and no secrets are kept for long. Now, she's snooping into other people's business from the pub to the police station. Will her questions prove damning to a ruthless killer? Or deadly to herself?"
A USA Today Bestselling Author A former top cop, now a crackerjack attorney, Chloe Ryder always gets to the heart of the matter. She never lets anything or anyone get past her cool, protective exterior. Yet even she can't keep her feelings on ice when a murdered man is found in the sanctuary of her church and Father Brendan, beloved by all his parish is suspected of the shocking crime. To protect the innocent priest, she is forced to investigate the case with her former lover, Detective Matthew Diel. And to this day only Matt knows the secret tragedy in Chloe's past. Working with her again, he soon realizes some painful truths. He never stopped loving her -- and he may never again get the chance to prove it, because a killer is watching their every move.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.