- Table View
- List View
When a man is shot, his second and third wives each claim to be his legal widow and heir to his millions. Perry Mason triumphs in another dramatic court appearance.
It was like a dream come true. Abby had always loved riding, and now a lanky brown horse named Sandy was giving her the chance she needed to break into the exciting world of show-jumping. After she accidentally discovers his incredible jumping prowess, his owners ask Abby to show him in competitions. This fantastic jumper makes it all seem easy, and they finish first in class after class, becoming overnight celebrities. But suddenly the horse turns violent and Abby's dream is over. Sandy got Abby into the big time. Now the rest is up to her--if she wants it badly enough. Does she have enough skill and discipline to make it as a top-class rider without him? Abby doesn't know--until Sandy helps her find the answer. Dark Horse is an engrossing story set in the demanding world of horse-show competition by the well-known author of many popular novels for young readers.
Eddie is a third grader who is determined to have the best birthday with the most presents, to snag a fireman's hat at a charity fish pond, to go to dancing class without having to dance, and help a classmate find her lost teeth. Ages 8-10, Pictures are described.]
"Ginnie was delighted when she was asked to be a junior bridesmaid. But her joy was short-lived. Her first shock came minutes after she read the invitation. A hard-packed snowball, tossed in fun by her friend Geneva, struck her on the cheekbone, grazing her eye--which began to turn black. A bridesmaid with a black eye! Impossible! Nothing for it but to cancel plans for joining the wedding party. That calamity, however, was only the beginning. One crisis followed on the heels of another as Ginnie and her parents arranged to attend the ceremony as guests of the groom. The Christmas wedding was to be held in Nantucket. They were to go by plane, and the weather was uncertain. Then Ginnie came down with a virus--and at the last minute the cat had kittens, which couldn't be found. How Ginnie did get to the wedding, where she had a wonderful time after all, makes a spirited and suspenseful story, which is sure to please Miss Woolley's many readers." Look for the rest of the Ginnie books in the Bookshare collection including: Ginnie and Geneva, Ginnie and Her Juniors also titled Ginnie's Baby-sitting Business, Ginnie and the Cooking Contest, Ginnie and the Mystery Cat, Ginnie and the Mystery Doll, Ginnie and the Mystery House, Ginnie and the New Girl, Ginnie and the Mystery Light, Ginnie Joins In,
Whether riding on the school bus or playing together during vacation days, Taffy, his sister Melissa Molasses, and their friend Jonathan make a rollicking trio. Once again Carolyn Haywood writes about the children she introduced in Here Comes the Bus!, following their activities through a typical summer in Maine. Despite their good intentions, the children always seem in the middle of a mixup. Taffy, arguing that the Fourth of July is George Washington's birthday, is convinced when a man named George from a company named Washington arrives to put up the new flagpole for the flag-raising party. Melissa, told exactly what food to take on a picnic, manages to give her little brother a raw egg to eat. Jonathan has his hands full trying to keep a level head through all the amiable confusion. Miss Haywood has a special fondness for her very youngest readers, and here is a story designed expressly for them. A first book that truly makes reading fun, it will win the hearts of children from city and country alike. There are over twenty more books in the Bookshare collection about Penny, Peter and their friends at camp. Look for Carolyn Haywood to find books about Betsy, Eddie and other kids who are like you, even though they were children over 60 years ago in the middle of the twentieth century. Some of the book titles you'll find are: "B" is for Betsy, Betsy's Busy Summer, Betsy's Merry Christmas, Betsy and the Circus, Betsy and Mr. Kilpatrick, Betsy's Winterhouse, Eddie the Dog Holder, Eddie and his big Deals, Eddie's Pay Dirt, Eddie and Gardenia, Ever Ready Eddie, Eddie and the Fire Engine, Penny Goes to Camp, Here Comes the Bus, and many more! Many of these books have picture descriptions.
Whirlwind is the story of three weeks in Tehran in February 1979: three weeks of fanaticism, passion, self-sacrifice and heartbreak. Caught between the revolutionaries and the forces of international intrigue is a team of professional pilots. They are ordered to flee to safety with their helicopters. Two of them, both Europeans, have Iranian wives whom they love beyond safety and politics.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.