- Table View
- List View
This book is a combination of three texts written by Sue Coen to accompany equitation instruction at her Windy Hill Stable. The author felt a definite need for a very simple, very basic book that would accompany this instruction without confusing the students with too much detail. There are many excellent books available today for the more advanced rider, but the beginner finds himself lost in a maze of confusion as to what he should be actually trying to accomplish as a beginner and intermediate student. Too much detail gives the beginner the feeling that there is so much to learn that he could not possibly become a good horseman in less than a lifetime so might as well forget the whole thing. This book is not intended to take the place of good instruction; it is intended as a supplement to be used along with instruction to reinforce what is being taught in the riding ring. There is no substitute for actual instruction and criticism from a competent instructor.
The Princess Who Believed in Fairy Tales is an enchanting and inspiring modern-day story set in olden times that symbolizes the journey we all take through life as we sort out illusion from reality, come to terms with our childhood dreams and pain, and discover who we really are and how life works.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.