- Table View
- List View
This book is a combination of three texts written by Sue Coen to accompany equitation instruction at her Windy Hill Stable. The author felt a definite need for a very simple, very basic book that would accompany this instruction without confusing the students with too much detail. There are many excellent books available today for the more advanced rider, but the beginner finds himself lost in a maze of confusion as to what he should be actually trying to accomplish as a beginner and intermediate student. Too much detail gives the beginner the feeling that there is so much to learn that he could not possibly become a good horseman in less than a lifetime so might as well forget the whole thing. This book is not intended to take the place of good instruction; it is intended as a supplement to be used along with instruction to reinforce what is being taught in the riding ring. There is no substitute for actual instruction and criticism from a competent instructor.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.