Eighteen-year-old Corey sees a threat to his dream of winning the basketball championship when he discovers that the new player on his team is a girl-stealing, friend-framing, team-destroying force of evil.
Fifteen-year-old Kady Palmer is burdened with housework and caring for her senile grandmother and mentally handicapped neighbor, so when a rich, handsome boy from school becomes interested in her, she devises a plan to spend time with him.
In Texas, Tia Lupe and Tio Jose make the best tortillas--so light that the cowboys say they just might jump right off the griddle. One day, a tortilla does just that. The tortilla runs through the desert pursued by two horned toads, three donkeys, four jackrabbits, five rattlesnakes, and six buckaroos. She is finally outwitted by Senor Coyote in this Lone Star twist on the classic Gingerbread Man tale.
The Dear Mr. President series brings history alive through fictitious correspondence between a president and a young person. These thought-provoking letters provide valuable insights into important moments in American history through their portrayal of issues from other times. Although the letters are imagined, they are all based upon meticulous historical research. To capture each president's personality and the voice of the youth of each time period, the authors draw on definitive books, firsthand interviews, and other reliable sources. Elegantly designed in two colors, the books include primary source material, reproductions of actual letters, a presidential biography, U.S. postal history, timelines, and an index. The interactive Web footnotes throughout the books are a unique feature of the Dear Mr. President series. These footnotes point readers to the series Web page at winslowpress.com for further information on a particular topic. This invaluable Web page encourages individual exploration, expertly guiding visitors through the vast resources of the Internet. There they will find primary source materials, links, historical sites, interactive games, and activities.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.