- Table View
- List View
Eighteen-year-old Corey sees a threat to his dream of winning the basketball championship when he discovers that the new player on his team is a girl-stealing, friend-framing, team-destroying force of evil.
Fifteen-year-old Kady Palmer is burdened with housework and caring for her senile grandmother and mentally handicapped neighbor, so when a rich, handsome boy from school becomes interested in her, she devises a plan to spend time with him.
In Texas, Tia Lupe and Tio Jose make the best tortillas--so light that the cowboys say they just might jump right off the griddle. One day, a tortilla does just that. The tortilla runs through the desert pursued by two horned toads, three donkeys, four jackrabbits, five rattlesnakes, and six buckaroos. She is finally outwitted by Senor Coyote in this Lone Star twist on the classic Gingerbread Man tale.
The Dear Mr. President series brings history alive through fictitious correspondence between a president and a young person. These thought-provoking letters provide valuable insights into important moments in American history through their portrayal of issues from other times. Although the letters are imagined, they are all based upon meticulous historical research. To capture each president's personality and the voice of the youth of each time period, the authors draw on definitive books, firsthand interviews, and other reliable sources. Elegantly designed in two colors, the books include primary source material, reproductions of actual letters, a presidential biography, U.S. postal history, timelines, and an index. The interactive Web footnotes throughout the books are a unique feature of the Dear Mr. President series. These footnotes point readers to the series Web page at winslowpress.com for further information on a particular topic. This invaluable Web page encourages individual exploration, expertly guiding visitors through the vast resources of the Internet. There they will find primary source materials, links, historical sites, interactive games, and activities.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.