This edition promotes nursing as an evolving art and science, directed to human health and well-being to prepare nurses with responsible, caring practice. It challenges students to cultivate the blended skills they will need to serve patients and the public well and to identify and master the cognitive and technical skills as well as the interpersonal and ethical/legal skills they will need to effectively nurse the patients in their care.
Master the medical terminology you need for your future career with A Short Course in Medical Terminology, 3rd Edition and its accompanying back-of-the-book and online resources. Using a concise mnemonic approach, this book shows you how to memorize word parts and use word building to learn medical terminology. The book covers terminology related to structure and function, diseases and disorders, abbreviations, medical specialties (including pharmacology), and health professions. Mastery of key terms is easy with the book's hundreds of fun and engaging in-text, , and online exercises, including new flashcard and audio pronunciation activities, crossword puzzles, Hangman, medical case record and spelling bee questions, figure labeling exercises, and true/false, fill-in-the-blank, and multiple choice exercises. Connect what you are learning to clinical practice with redesigned Case Studies that highlight the role medical terminology plays in communication. Easily master medical terminology with a wide variety of exercises integrated into the narrative for fun and efficient practice. Reinforce your understanding with the book's concise and user-friendly approach, logical organization, and study tables that summarize chapter terms in an easy-to-reference format Increase your mastery with Word Sense features that highlight fun facts about medical or easily confused terms. Increase your understanding of word parts, definitions, and abbreviations with Word Elements and Abbreviations tables. Check your understanding of key terms with Chapter Quizzes.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.