Applied Anatomy & Physiology for Manual Therapists is a clear, accurate, simple, and comprehensive A&P textbook that addresses the needs of students in manual therapy education programs. It is a focused text that deliberately emphasizes the information manual therapists need to be familiar with in order to understand the benefits, effects, indications, and contraindications of their specific form of manual therapy.
Memmler's The Human Body in Health and Disease is a textbook for introductory-level health professions and nursing students who need a basic understanding of anatomy and physiology, the interrelationships between structure and function, and the effects of disease on body systems.
The text provides accurate, practical information and instruction on phlebotomy procedures with a comprehensive background in theory and principles. Reflecting current CLSI guidelines, NAACLS competencies, and federal regulations, this Fourth Edition includes updated information on safety issues and equipment, laboratory information systems and instrumentation, legal issues, and diagnostic tests. This edition also includes caution notes identifying dangerous practices and problem areas.
The Study Guide for Memmler's The Human Body in Health and Disease, 12th edition, helps students learn foundational concepts in anatomy and physiology required for success in allied health occupations. It will be more effective when used in conjunction with the 12th edition of Memmler's The Human Body in Health and Disease. The Study Guide may also be used to supplement other textbooks on basic anatomy and physiology.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.