- Table View
- List View
This newly revised 5th Edition of AP Comparative Government and Politics: An Essential Coursebook and Study Guide is designed to help you prepare for the exam by giving you a sound footing in comparative concepts as well as country-specific information about the six core countries.
The 21st century has taught us that we cannot ignore the world around us. Happenings around the globe now directly impact our lives, and social studies teachers and students around the country face the challenge of interpreting complex, puzzling events. The AP comparative course focuses on government and politics in other countries and provides a theoretical framework to compare political systems around the world. This book will help students to grasp something of the political complexities of our global environment, and gain some understanding of both commonalities and differences among modern political systems. In today's world, we cannot afford not to know.
This guide prepares students for the AP Human Geography Exam. It focuses on spatial organization--the location of places, people, and events, and the connections among places and landscapes that shape virtually all human endeavors on the planet. It includes narrative reviews for each of the topic areas of the AP Human Geography curriculum. Each unit is followed by new multiple-choice and free-response questions. The narratives are concise and focus specifically on topics from the AP curriculum.
"World history" covers a lot of ground, both in terms of land space and time. Students learn the broad "story" of humanity by using some tools provided in the book that help to connect the parts of the story from beginning to end (or present).
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.