Bob Pierce was the friend of the "little" people, the forgotten, the hurting people who are unheard of and unsung except in the courts of heaven. He founded World Vision which has become one of the largest social and religious institutions in the world. After he retired from World Vision, Bob's restless spirit would not allow him to stop. He founded another organization that was probably even closer to his heart at the end of his life-- Samaritan's Purse.
Ben Logan was filled with impossible dreams of success and far-off adventure. Always one of the "have-nots" in the small class-conscious town of Liberty, Georgia, he was alternately tolerated and rejected by those that called him "poor white trash" and ridiculed his father, an often-drunk pulpwood cutter. Part of Ben's dream comes true when the daughter of the richest man in town invites him into her self-centered world. Ben is haunted by the memory of her kiss, the soft wetness of her lips against his neck, her fragrance, and her unbearably blue eyes. But when circumstances force Ben to leave Liberty and join the Navy, the memory of that kiss goes with him, erasing thoughts of the other young woman he left behind: Rachel, the thin, freckle-faced daughter of a poor Pentecostal preacher. "God told me I'm going to be your wife," Rachel told Ben on the day he left Liberty. "Are you crazy" Ben scoffed at her. "I'd never marry you in a hundred years!" But everything changed--everything--on December 7,1941, when Ben Logan found himself in Pearl Harbor, leaning into a gun mount on the deck of the USS Arizona...
No one can deny that the world is in trouble. Tragedy stalks our streets. Violence and bloodshed fill the news. How do we explain so much chaos? Is there any hope for peace in our time? Dr. David Jeremiah's dramatic narrative on the Book of Revelation answers these and many more challenging questions, by unraveling the imagery and explaining the significance of the events described in the last book of the Bible. Within its pages are the hope and encouragement we need to lift us from the gloom of present events to the promise of a brilliant future. Copyright © Libri GmbH. All rights reserved.
After a future version of himself travels back in time to warn Wally of an upcoming accident, he is confronted by multiple future Wallys arguing that he must not try to rewrite God's plan for his life.
When accident-prone Wally McDoogle finds himself a part of a space shuttle mission, he learns a lesson about the importance of obeying the rules.
Thirteen-year-old Wally must learn to trust God when his Career Day assignment on the local water management facility leads him to a rumor of a lake monster and a real scheme that threatens the town.
Superstar Deion Sanders tells his powerful life story and reveals how power, money and sex could not satisfy the void in his life--a void ultimately satisfied by his relationship with Christ.
Today more than 200 million Christians around the world suffer imprisonment, abuse and even death because of their faith. Yet most Americans never hear their stories. In Their Blood Cries Out, Paul Marshall reveals the reality of this present-day persecution, revealing what we can do to help these brothers and sisters in Christ.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.