- Table View
- List View
"Go south with radio," God said to Clarence Wesley Jones. So C. W. went south--to Ecuador. Come up to this mountain," God said. Clarence Jones ascended the mountain and perched his tiny radio operation in Quito, the city at the "top of the world." Lord, C. W. prayed then, give me this mountain. And so it was that in 1931, in a humble sheepshed rigged with a 250-watt transmitter and antenna wire, a Christmas program was broadcast to a total of just thirteen receiving sets, and HCJB was born. It was the advent of missionary radio. Come Up to This Mountain is the inspiring story of HCJB and the pioneering missionary spirit of C. W. Jones. A man of dreams, relentless energy, and immense practicality, C. W. Jones took that "soft whisper of the Andes" and, through hardship and tragedy, built it into a massive 500,000-watt radio center, a "mighty shout echoing around the globe." Give me this mountain, said C. W. Jones. And God gave him the world.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.