This exclusive collection contains the top twenty-five winning entries of the 12th Annual Writer's Digest Short Short Story competition, including the First-Place winner, "The Callers" by Nicole Lesperance.
This exclusive collection contains the top fifty winning entries of the 6th Annual Writer's Digest Poetry Competition, including the First-Place winner, "AN EDUCATED WOMAN EXPLAINS WHY SHE LIKES BLUEGRASS" BY LINDA NEAL RESING.
The right words help you make a good impression-smart, professional, and trustworthy. Poor word choices can make coworkers, teachers, friends, or editors think you're unprofessional, uneducated, or lazy. It's critical that you learn the best methods for preventing wrong-word problems and catching errors in your writing.
The editors of Writer's Digest are pleased to share with you the winning entries in each category of the 80th Annual Writer's Digest Writing Competition, along with the Grand Prize-winning story, Boy Witch, by John T. Biggs.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.