- Table View
- List View
Had he stayed in public school, he would have been in ninth grade, but without sight, he had to go to the school for the blind, where he found himself in class with kindergarteners. He had to learn braille--harder for him since his arms were longer and the dot messages had longer paths to travel--and he couldn't get out of eighth grade until he got those reading skills. Always the optimist, Bill graduated and had a lot of fun along the way. Bill and his family encountered plenty of stumbling blocks, but with humor, love, and ingenuity, they persevered, enjoying life and each other. This book is humorous, inspiring,and real--a fascinating and enjoyable autobiography.
Certain to Win [Sun Tzu´s prognosis for generals who follow his advice] develops the strategy of the late US Air Force Colonel John R. Boyd for the world of business. Robert Coram's monumental biography, Boyd, the Fighter Pilot Who Changed the Art of War, rekindled interest in this obscure pilot and documented his influence on military matters ranging from the design of the F-15 and F-16 fighters to the planning for Operation Desert Storm to the execution of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Unfortunately Boyd's written legacy, consisting of a single paper and a four-set cycle of briefings, addresses strategy only in war. [All Boyd´s briefings are available on Defense and the National Interest.]
An analysis of Mark Twain through his most famous writings.
Many helpful hints for people with severe vision loss or blindness.
This book was originally published in the late nineteenth century. The author tells the story of his boyhood in China.
Whether through natural evolution... or by design or whether through creation in His image by a maker, collective Man by his very human nature has innate capacities for both aggressive behavior leading to brutal violence as well as altruistic behavior leading to compassionate caring. Here are five proposals to stop the violence.
Collection of essays from leading scholars and clinicians on the applications of positive psychology for women.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.