- Table View
- List View
Do you find yourself wrestling with emotional wounds and spiritual emptiness, longing for contentment and purpose? Does life feel as though you are traveling a well-worn path leading nowhere? Have you abandoned hope of attaining personal peace and fulfillment? Take a journey with the author as she shares her personal struggles with emptiness, confusion, and shame-pain that for years kept her detoured from God's plan for her life. Discover how, in one desperate moment, a seemingly hopeless course was changed by the promise, "The healing can begin." Within Life's Journey rejoice in the declaration that God has created each journeyer for more than we imagine. Experience the testament that His healing and restorative power makes all that is promised possible and attainable. The book's conversational tone and vivid imagery powerfully present the truth of God's love and our value while thought provoking questions encourage the reader to actively participate in the quest for God's best.
When tragedy strikes, young Sara Calhoun flees Los Angeles,California, and all that is familiar, to join her uncle in Cameroon, Africa. Unknown to either, their paths cross in Paris. Thinking her uncle had traveled inland to visit a friend, Sara "follows" him into the war-torn heart of Africa. It is there that she comes under the protective care of the ancient and legendary missionary, Sam Vinton, Sr., and learns how to deal with her grief and find the true meaning and purpose of life.
Your relationship with exercise is influenced by your thoughts and feelings. Developing a better relationship with exercise involves changing your frame of mind completely--your thoughts, beliefs, self-talk, the reasons you exercise, and how you measure the benefits. When you change what you think, your exercise habits change as well. The philosophy behind this book is that everyone can make those changes, and learn pleasurable and sustainable ways of incorporating exercise into their daily lives.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.