- Table View
- List View
Do you find yourself wrestling with emotional wounds and spiritual emptiness, longing for contentment and purpose? Does life feel as though you are traveling a well-worn path leading nowhere? Have you abandoned hope of attaining personal peace and fulfillment? Take a journey with the author as she shares her personal struggles with emptiness, confusion, and shame-pain that for years kept her detoured from God's plan for her life. Discover how, in one desperate moment, a seemingly hopeless course was changed by the promise, "The healing can begin." Within Life's Journey rejoice in the declaration that God has created each journeyer for more than we imagine. Experience the testament that His healing and restorative power makes all that is promised possible and attainable. The book's conversational tone and vivid imagery powerfully present the truth of God's love and our value while thought provoking questions encourage the reader to actively participate in the quest for God's best.
When tragedy strikes, young Sara Calhoun flees Los Angeles,California, and all that is familiar, to join her uncle in Cameroon, Africa. Unknown to either, their paths cross in Paris. Thinking her uncle had traveled inland to visit a friend, Sara "follows" him into the war-torn heart of Africa. It is there that she comes under the protective care of the ancient and legendary missionary, Sam Vinton, Sr., and learns how to deal with her grief and find the true meaning and purpose of life.
Your relationship with exercise is influenced by your thoughts and feelings. Developing a better relationship with exercise involves changing your frame of mind completely--your thoughts, beliefs, self-talk, the reasons you exercise, and how you measure the benefits. When you change what you think, your exercise habits change as well. The philosophy behind this book is that everyone can make those changes, and learn pleasurable and sustainable ways of incorporating exercise into their daily lives.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.