- Table View
- List View
This book details the history of Darfur, its conflicts, and the designs on the region by the governments in Khartoum and Tripoli. It investigates the identity of the infamous "Janjawiid" militia and the nature of the insurrection, charts the unfolding crisis and the international response, and concludes by asking what the future holds in store.
Stewart-Harawira (educational policy studies, U. of Alberta, Canada) interweaves the emergence of the global international political and economic order with indigenous people's experiences of that order; his central themes are the marginalization of indigenous sovereignty and self-determination and the ongoing subjugation of indigenous ontologies which could be important to alternative frameworks of global order. He discusses the emergence of international law, historicizes the construction of the multilateral economic order, and discusses indigenous resistance strategies within the international political arena and their influence on international law. He also looks at the shifting role of the state in the development of new regional formulations and draws on Hardt and Negri's Empire to advocate for an ontology of world order informed by indigenous ideas. Distributed in the US by Palgrave Macmillan. Annotation ©2006 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.