- Table View
- List View
Talks about people with an artistic temperament and the struggles that they can have as they try and serve God and how they can use their gifts effectively with discipline.
Since 1970, the team of Thomas Hale and his wife, Cynthia, have struggled to serve God as medical doctors in the remote storybook kingdom of Nepal. In the process they have experienced both the hardships and the blessings of bringing Western medicine to people who distrust -- even fear -- ideas differing from their own. n the same process, by their selfless love and caring, they have gained the affection and trust of their Nepali patients and neighbors. In this true story, the faith and humility of doctors Tom and Cynthia Hale are matched by the beguiling personality and character of the Nepalese people, the majority of whom are subsistence farmers who share much in common with the poor of all developing countries. Living Stones of the Himalayas, like its predecessors Don't Let the Goats Eat the Loquat Trees and On the Far Side of Liglig Mountain, is a graphic portrait of the human condition and the growing pains of the unique and intriguing land of Nepal with its astonishing beauty that exists side by side with: - faith and superstition - sickness and death - ancient traditions and twentieth-century innovations - courage and joie de vivre Living Stones of the Himalayas is a fascinating account of everyday and sometimes incredible experiences mingled with humor, understanding, and love for humanity. Reading it will transport you to one of the most enchanting lands away -- first class.
A novel set during the rise of Hitler and Nazi Germany about a plot to destroy Britain by destroying Christianity. The book revolves around a secret cult, "the Hooded Ones," attempting to forge a document referred to as "the Shred of Nicodemus," which refutes the Resurrection. The hope is that the document's release will demoralize the British empire, making it easier for Hitler to conquer Europe.
So begins Ron Heagy's amazing story. The surfing accident that left him a quadriplegic the day before his eighteenth birthday became the basis for a ministry that today touches thousands of people. Ron's intensely personal, often humorous, recounting of his path from pain, discouragement, and angry rebellion to a mature faith and peaceful heart is a testimony to God's power to change attitudes and to change lives. But more than one man's story, it is also the story of family, friends, and total strangers who, used by God, helped make Ron's life whole again. Ron writes, "I asked God to heal my body and let me walk again. He didn't answer my prayers in the way I had hoped he would. . . But I'm learning, with every day that I live and every life that touches mine, that this is where I'm supposed to be -- here, in this wheelchair, doing God's work. "With this updated edition of Life Is an Attitude, readers of all ages will be drawn to Ron's frank, fresh narrative and be moved to examine their own faith and what it means to truly trust the Lord.
Renewal Theology deals with the full range of Christian truth from within the charismatic tradition and discusses: Book One--God, the World, and Redemption; Book Two--Salvation, the Holy Spirit, and Christian Living; Book Three--The Church, the Kingdom, and Last Things.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.