- Table View
- List View
Cast With Confidence! Are you intrigued by the look of dimensional paper but you're not sure where to begin? Unlock the mystery of this centuries old art form with the most comprehensive book available! This guide takes you from the very basics of paper casting to choosing the best pulp, molds, and release agents for your needs, so you'll be creating your own stunning paper-cast pieces in no time. This Essential Resource Includes Simple instructions for making pulp, adding botanicals, enhancing your creations with glitter and paint, and making molds from everyday items like rubber stamps and brass plaques A dozen unique projects you'll be proud to display Clear step-by-step photographs and easy-to-follow instructions Inspirational examples of paper-cast artwork, from scrapbook pages and greeting cards to bowls and framed calligraphy
This one-of-a-kind compilation features needlecraft creations donated by more than 70 designers from around the world. Proceeds from the sale of this book will go toward the Copyright Protection Fund, which was created to help protect the needlecraft industry from copyright violations, as well as increase awareness of copyright issues. Designs include a wide range of styles and motifs, from animals, landscapes, and fantasy, to beautiful geometric designs. You will enjoy the versatility of the squares, whether stitched individually o r incorporated into larger designs.
Readers will learn to create character wreaths for every month of the year, such as Uncle Sam for July, Santa Claus for December, and Father Time for January. Focusing on technique, the authors cover the basics of creating a character wreath, from making the face to adding the sleeves to complete the perfect outfit. Each of the 12 projects includes stunning photographs and step-by-step instructions.
Transform square and rectangular scrapbook pages and page protectors into any shape imaginable! Scrapbookers of all ages and skill levels can create shaped pages that will add excitement and new dimension to their albums. Readers will learn, through step-by-step instructions and photographs, the basic technique for creating shaped pages using common scrapbooking tools and Staedtler's Hot Foil Pen. They also will be guided through the process of turning a basic pattern into fun variations.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.