Bookshare and the Pennsylvania Libraries
Are you a Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh or Free Library of Philadelphia patron with a print disability? Are you looking for the hottest bestsellers, new releases, or job search and career advancement books?
Through an exciting partnership, library patrons with qualified print disabilities can join Bookshare for FREE!
Why join Bookshare?
- Free access to 749,662 titles, including bestsellers, fiction, nonfiction, literature, career books and more!
- Read books in high quality audio, large print, and digital braille
- Read on computers, tablets, smartphones, assistive technology device, MP3 players
- Get free Bookshare reading tools and fee-based reading tools from partners
- Free training and support
Watch this video to learn more about Bookshare.
How to sign up
Start by making sure you qualify for Bookshare. Then, follow these steps:
- Sign up for an Individual Membership
- Complete the online registration form and use promo code: PALBPH
- Submit Proof of Disability
If you are an existing member with Bookshare, simply send an email to promo [at] bookshare.org with the promo code PALBPH and we will extend your subscription for free under this new agreement!