Getting Started with Go Read
- Installing Go Read on your device
- Opening Go Read's Menus
- Downloading Bookshare Books
- Opening books with Go Read
- Reading books with Go Read audio
- Changing the Text to Speech settings
- Changing the visual settings of Go Read
- Go to Google Play.
- Search for Go Read or Bookshare.
- Select Go Read and install.
- Open Go Read.
- Select the Drawer menu button on the left side of the header bar.
- Open Go Read.
- Select the More Options button on the right side of the header bar.
- Launch the Go Read app.
- Select the Drawer menu button.
- Select the Search Bookshare button.
- If you're not already logged in, you will be prompted here to enter in your Bookshare email address and password, then select the Log In button.
- Select a search option, you can search for your book by Title, Author, ISBN, or browse our categories.
- When you locate a book select the book’s title, then select the Download button.
- Once the book has downloaded, select the Book Downloaded! Read Book button.
- Search by recently opened books, author, or title.
- Select the book’s title and then select the Read button.
- Open the book you’d like to read.
- When the book opens, select the Play button on the navigation bar to turn on Text to Speech. Go Read’s audio will begin reading from the top of the current page.
- You can navigate throughout the book using the Previous Section and Next Section buttons on the navigation bar.
- From the home screen on your Android device, select the Apps button.
- Select the Settings button.
- Under the System section, select the Accessibility button.
- Select the Text-to-speech output button and select your preferred Text to Speech engine.
- Select the Appearance button to adjust the screen’s brightness and orientation.
- Select the Text button to edit the font family, size, style, and paragraph spacing
Installing Go Read on your device:
Opening Go Read's Menus
There are two separate menus in Go Read—the Drawer menu and the More Options menu.
Within the Drawer menu you can open your downloaded books and search and download titles within Bookshare’s library.
Within the More Options menu you can access Go Read’s settings, including both visual and font settings.
Downloading Bookshare Books:To download a Bookshare book:
Opening books with Go ReadTo access your downloaded books, select the Drawer menu button, then select the My Books button.
Reading books with Go Read audio
Changing the Text to Speech settings
Go Read utilizes any voice installed on the Android device. To install additional voices, open the Google Play store and search for Text to Speech Voices. Popular options include Acapela and Ivona voices.
To change your selected voice:
Changing the visual settings of Go Read
To modify Go Read’s fully customizable visual layout select the More Options menu button, then select the Settings button.