Can I read your books using a Kindle or Nook?
If you are using a Nook HD you can use it to access Bookshare material, please install Go Read.
Currently our Daisy files cannot be read using a Kindle or Nook other than the Nook HD. To comply with copyright law, Bookshare books must be provided in a specialized format that makes them accessible to people with print disabilities. These devices do not currently support full accessibility, but may provide some qualified users with features that help them read effectively.
Note: freely distributable titles (e.g. public domain or Creative Commons licensed) are not governed by the same copyright law and are available for download in both plain text and HTML.
All Kindles and Nooks will need to convert books into a readable format. The following instructions explain how to do this:
- Download the book in the DAISY Text format
- Unzip the book archive and open the .XML file with a Web Browser such as Internet Explorer.
- Select all the text in the file, including boilerplate language. To do this quickly from the keyboard, use Control+A.
- Copy the selected text to the Windows clipboard (Control+C).
- Open a text editor or word processor and paste the text (Control+V).
- Save the file with .TXT extension.
For a more accessible reading experience, we recommend the Read2Go app on iOS and the GoRead app on Android.