Can I still use Bookshare after high school?
Yes! Once you are a Bookshare member you can continue using our service for life. No need to resubmit paperwork. Just update your student status if you are continuing your education in the U.S. to include your new school information. It may take several days for your account to update with a new free subscription. If you are no longer attending school in the U.S. you will need to pay for your subscription.
If you are no longer a U.S. student, follow the instructions below to change your account from a student to a paid membership:
- Log in to Bookshare.
- Select the "My Account” link.
- Select the "Student Status" link.
- Select the "Edit Information" button.
- Check the box that says, "No, I am no longer a student."
You will then be presented with the option to purchase a subscription for $50 or cancel your membership. To purchase Bookshare membership:
- Select the "Purchase Membership" button.
- Enter your Visa or MasterCard information.
- Select the “Preview” button and verify that the information is correct.
- Select the “Confirm” button to make your purchase.
- Log out and then log back in to your account for the renewal to take effect.