Educators Get Started Step 3
Step 3: Get Books to Students
Books are assigned to students via Reading Lists. The following steps will show you how to create a new Reading List. You can also add students to existing Reading Lists and subscribe to public Reading Lists curated by Bookshare. Learn more in the How-to Guide: Using Reading Lists.
Create a Reading List
1. Select "My Reading Lists" on your "My Bookshare" page.
2. Select "Create."
3. Name the Reading List, enter a description, and select "Done." Next you will be prompted to add members to the Reading List. This is how you assign this Reading List to your students.
4. Select the appropriate member name(s) and select the "Add Selected Members" button.
5. Select the "Titles" link to add books to the Reading List, then select "Add Books."
6. Search for a book, select the title(s) you wish to add, then select "Add Books."
Congratulations! You have successfully created a Reading List, added books to it, and assigned the Reading List to your students. Now your students are ready to read! In the next section, you will learn how students can read quickly and easily with Bookshare Web Reader in a web browser on a Mac, PC, or Chromebook. However, there are many ways to read Bookshare books. This Reading Tools Wizard can help you determine what tools will work best with your students' devices.