How Can I Read Bookshare Books in PDF Format?
Bookshare’s content, which includes books, newspapers, and magazines, is provided in several accessible formats, including DAISY, EPUB, and Word. (Learn more about Bookshare’s formats.)
You can create a PDF version of any Bookshare book by downloading it in the Word format and then saving it as a PDF:
1. Log in to your Bookshare account.
2. Find the book you wish to download. (Learn more about how to find books.)
3. From the drop-down menu next to the “Download” button, select "Word," then select “Download.”
4. On the next page (My History), select the “Available” link next to the status of the book. This will initiate the download process.
5. Locate the book within your Downloads folder and unzip it. (Get detailed instructions on unzipping a file.)
Once the book has been downloaded and unzipped:
- Open the unzipped book in MS Word (please note that the downloaded book may consist of multiple Word files, and you will need to open each one separately).
- From the File tab, select Save As (you can also press F12 on your keyboard).
- From the Save As dialog box, select PDF from the Save as Type drop-down box, then Save. Once you choose Save, the PDF version of the book will open in your preferred PDF reader.