How do I add Members/Sponsors to my Bookshare organizational account?
Add Sponsors and Members to Public School Accounts:
Public school teachers on organizational Bookshare accounts can easily add Members (those who need and qualify for accessible ebooks) and Sponsors (other professionals who will help support the Members) to their accounts. To do so, simply log in and go to “My Bookshare.”
To add Sponsors:
Video Tutorial: How to Add a Sponsor
- Select the “Sponsors” link.
- Select the “Add a Sponsor” button.
- Complete the form with the Sponsor’s information.
Each new Sponsor will receive a welcome email with a link to set his or her password.
To add Members:
Video Tutorial: How to Add Members to Your Account
Video Tutorial: Add Several Members to Your Account
- Select the “Members” link. Use the “Add a Member” button below your roster to add qualified members one at a time. Be sure to set a username and password so students can log in and read their assiged books.
- To add several members at once, select the Upload Roster icon above the roster (cloud with the arrow.) Select the New Member Sponsor Roster Template link to open the file which is an Excel Worksheet. Select the Members tab and fill in the required information. Save the file to your computer. The next step is to upload the saved copy of your file to send to Bookshare.
Select the Browse button to locate the file on your computer, select the file, select open and then select the Upload button.
Add Members to Private School or Other Types of Organizational Accounts:
Private school educators must submit a Group Proof of Disability form to add Members and Sponsors to their organizational accounts. For more information, view the video below.
Video Tutorial: Add Members to Private Schools or Other Organizational Accounts
- If your account is for a private school or other type of organization there wil be text above your roster about adding members. Use the link provided to download the Proof of Disability form.
- Complete all required information for each member to be added to the account. You can either scan or email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax or mail to the address provided.