How do I manage my student’s Linked Individual Membership?
Teachers can manage a student's Individual Membership account and link it to their school account.
This permission enables teachers to assign books to Individual Members and to help manage accounts, such as renewing subscriptions, resetting passwords, and updating member information.
New linked Individual Memberships:
The option to "Allow Teachers or Staff at my school or district to manage my account" will be automatically selected when a student or parent completes their initial online registration. There is no action you need to take.
Existing linked Individual Memberships:
To update your preferences, log in to your Bookshare account, then:
- Go to Preferences (or go to My Bookshare > My Account > Preferences)
- Yes will automatically be selected
- Select the "Save" button at the bottom of the page to confirm your changes
What to expect:
Once an Individual Membership is linked. Sponsors can view their student's username (Individual Memberships require an email address) on the member roster.
You will also be able to edit their first name, last name, and birth date, as well as help them change their email address or reset their password.
To edit student information:
- Log in to your Sponsor account
- Go to your school's Member roster page
- Select the pencil icon to the right of your student's first name
- Edit your student's information as needed on the pop-up screen
- Select the checkbox above the Save button to confirm your changes
- Select the "Save" button at the bottom of the page
Need help? Please submit a help request for assistance on this feature.