How do Students Upgrade to a Full Individual Membership?
With a full individual membership connected to the student's school account, students can access books that have been assigned to them by a teacher as well as search and download books independently.
Members can initate the process to upgrade to a full Individual Membership account, which will be lined to the school account:
- Log in to member's Bookshare account.
- Select the My Bookshare link in the top right corner of the page.
- Select the Upgrade to an Individual Membership! link on the left side of the page.
- Review the instructions and select the link to sign up.
- Complete the sign up form to upgrade to a Linked account.
Note that for members under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must complete the sign up process. All U.S. students’ memberships are free through an award from the U.S. Department of Education Office of Special Education.