Learning at Home during COVID-19 (for educators)
The following resources will help students with dyslexia, blindness, cerebral palsy, and other reading barriers to continue learning during school closures.
If your school does not have Bookshare access, learn how Bookshare can help you support students with reading barriers for FREE.
Get Books Online
Follow these steps to get Bookshare books to students in formats like audio, audio + highlighted text, braille, and large font.
Assign Multiple Books
- Select Reading Lists from My Bookshare
- Select the plus sign (+) at the top of the page
- Name Reading List & share with member(s) or Organization
- Select the titles link (at top of list) to add books. Select Save and Close when finished
- Select the checkbox next to the member(s) to whom you want to assign this list
- Select Add Selected Members
- Learn more about Reading Lists
Get Individual Access
Do you want your students to become even more independent readers? Let them choose their own books with an Individual Membership.
- Select Members on My Bookshare
- Place check mark next to student's name
- Note: Students who already have Individual Memberships will have Org + Individual
- Select More Actions, then Individual Memberships
- In pop-up box, enter option to send email or download form to get parent permission, choose Submit
- Learn about Individual Memberships
- Send home letter to parents
To see all our tips, view our one-page Educators Shortcut Guide.