Discover reading with Kurzweil
Kurzweil offers multiple products for Bookshare members, offering a great combination of easy access to Bookshare titles and all of the reading, writing and study tools that Kurzweil Education's products can provide!
- Kurzweil 1000 is award-winning scan and read software with on-the-go access, making printed or electronic text accessible to people with blindness and visual impairments
- Speaks text aloud in a variety of natural-sounding voices that can be modified to individual preferences.
- Enables scanning, writing and editing of documents
- Kurzweil 3000 is award-winning educational software designed to provide literacy support for those who struggle with literacy in the classroom, at home, or in the workplace.
- Built-in features for reading, writing and study skills helps students to become independent learners, active participants within inclusion classrooms or sheltered instruction programs; but most importantly, to keep up with peers and achieve their full academic potential.
- Students can use Kurzweil 3000 throughout their school career and beyond, utilize the literacy support for becoming lifelong learners.
Requirements: Windows® or Macintosh® OS
Book formats: Bookshare books, PDF, EPUB, and more
Audiences: This reading tool may be beneficial for Bookshare members who qualify with one of the following reasons:
- Blindness: Reads aloud with natural-sounding voices plus scanning, and productivity tools
- Low Vision: Reads aloud plus large font options, background, text options
- Learning Disability: Reading, spelling and writing support, study skills, test-taking accomodations