- Create Bookshare Reading Lists directly on Go Read (Individuals + Sponsors)
- Add or delete books on Reading Lists directly on Go Read (Individuals + Sponsors)
- Added Hindi, Tamil, and French versions of the Go Read UI
- Fixed some highlighting-voice syncronization issues
- Access your Bookshare Reading Lists directly on Go Read
- Redesigned the book list UI so you can quickly view books downloaded to your device or on a Reading List
- Added a Spanish version of the Go Read UI
- Enhanced reading experience including: updated Text-to-Speech integration to remove some odd interactions and added an option to disable the pinch to zoom feature
- Added ability to download and read Bookshare periodicals.
- Added ability to download books with images.
- Fixed access to Bookshare books in Jelly Bean 4.3 devices.
- Fixed issue with screen lock on paused books.
Bookshare books... now on Android
Go Read is a free, open source ebook reader for Android. Go Read is optimized for visually-impaired readers and usable by anyone. The app connects directly to online libraries, like Bookshare, and allows you to download and listen to eBooks in seconds.
- Compatible with Android phones and tablets
- Built-in text-to-speech voices
- Voiced navigation for visually impaired readers
- Direct connection to Bookshare for immediate on-the-go reading
- Access the same Reading Lists that you use on the website.
- Built-in support for both individual and school accounts
Visit our Getting Started with Go Read Page
Review the How to Guide: Read with Go Read
or visit our Help Center.
Requirements: compatible with Android devices (Android 4.0–4.0.2 Ice Cream Sandwich or above, API level 14)
Book Formats: Bookshare books, other DAISY 3.0 and 2.02 books, and EPUB books
Audiences: This reading tool may be beneficial for Bookshare members who qualify with one of the following reasons:
- Blindness: fully integrated with TalkBack text-to-speech (TTS)
- Low Vision: TalkBack TTS plus large font options, background, text and highlighting color options
- Learning Disability: Sentence-level highlighting plus TalkBack TTS
- Physical Disability: Switch-friendly