Read:OutLoud Bookshare Edition download workaround
In Bookshare’s continual effort to protect our members’ information, we have updated the Bookshare website security to the most current standards. This update is not be supported by the web browser in Read:OutLoud Bookshare Edition and does require you to use the following workaround to find and read new books.
- Log into www.bookshare.org on a web browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer
- Find a book and download the zipped up book file to a folder on your computer. We recommend creating a “Bookshare Books” folder.
- Extract all the book files from the zip file and save them (learn how to extract files).
- Start Read:OutLoud Bookshare Edition
- Select “File” and “Open” (or select the Add eText button in the navigation bar)
- Go to your newly created book folder
- Open the .opf file (Windows may label this as a NIMAS File) and you begin reading
We will continue to identify ways to make it easier for Bookshare members to read our books. In the meantime, please use this workaround for Read:OutLoud Bookshare Edition when our website security is updated. You can also consider using a comparable reading tool.