Using VoiceOver with Bookshare on iOS
We recommend iOS users install a Bookshare-integrated app (Dolphin EasyReader, Voice Dream Reader, or Capti Narrator) when downloading books to their mobile device. However, if you wish to verify a book is in our collection by searching our website, please follow the instructions below after opening Safari on your iOS device.
Navigate to Bookshare's website:
- Locate the address bar, which is near the top center of the screen.
- Double-tap to activate the edit box, and type www.bookshare.org, then double-tap the Go button, located in the bottom right corner of the keyboard.
Sign in to your Bookshare account:
- Rotate two fingers on the screen to activate the Rotor, and select Links from the Rotor options.
- Swipe down with 1 finger to move to the Log In link, then double-tap to activate it.
- Double-tap to edit the Bookshare username field and type in your username.
- Swipe right with one finger to navigate to the password field, then double-tap and enter in your Bookshare password.
- Swipe right with one finger to navigate to the Remember Me checkbox, and double-tap if you wish to have Bookshare remember your login information.
- Swipe right with one finger once more to navigate to the Sign In button, then double tap to activate it.
Search for a book:
- Rotate two fingers on the screen to activate the Rotor, and select Text Fields.
- From the top of the page, swipe down with one finger to move to the first Text Field (the search box).
- Double-tap to activate the edit field, then type in the title, author, or ISBN of the book you wish to search for.
- Double-tap the Search button, located in the bottom right corner of the keyboard, to activate the search. The next page will display your search results.
- Rotate two fingers on the screen to activate the Rotor, and select Headings from the Rotor options.
- Each search result is its own heading, so you can swipe down with one finger to navigate by headings to locate the title of each book.
- To learn more about a book, swipe right with one finger to move through the author information and synopsis.