What is a Linked Account?
Linked accounts (OM+IM's) are combined Individual and Organizational accounts. With a Linked account students can access books that have been assigned to them by a sponsor as well as search and download books themselves.
Members can initate the process to create a Linked account online:
- Log in to member's Bookshare account.
- Select the My Bookshare link in the top right corner of the page.
- Select the Upgrade to an Individual Membership! link on the right side of the page.
- Review the instructions and select the link to sign up.
- Complete the sign up form to upgrade to a Linked account.
Note that for members under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must complete the sign up process. All U.S. students’ memberships are free through an award from the U.S. Department of Education Office of Special Education.
Trying to decide what kind of account to sign up for? Review our Account Comparison chart for more information on the benefits and drawbacks of each account type.